Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Shedding some light

Started by Sevan, June 05, 2011, 09:04:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foosnark

So just to make sure...

Androgyne: noun, but can be adjectived.  Refers to the gender identity or to a person who has that identity.

Androgynous:  adjective.  Refers to visual appearance, fashion etc.

Androgyny: noun, refers to... the concept of being between masculine and feminine?  Applicable to either androgyne or androgynous?
  •  

Pica Pica

Quote from: foosnark on July 21, 2011, 04:50:21 PM
So just to make sure...

Androgyne: noun, but can be adjectived.  Refers to the gender identity or to a person who has that identity.

Androgyny: noun, refers to... the concept of being between masculine and feminine?  Applicable to either androgyne or androgynous?

pretty much.
'For the circle may be squared with rising and swelling.' Kit Smart
  •  

Sevan

Quote from: foosnark on July 21, 2011, 04:50:21 PM
So just to make sure...

*nods* well put.
I'm also the spouse to the fabulous Mrs. Cynthialee.

•  

Pharaun

I really like that summary.
  •  

MarinaM

I look androgynous, but I am a full time (mt) female.  I was once concerned about being perceived as androgynous, but found it to be quite acceptable.  I am not an androgyne,  though I loooove this neck of the woods. 

2 cents thrown.  :)

Have some of our friends gone missing?
  •  

cynthialee

So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose.
If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself.
Sun Tsu 'The art of War'
  •  

Taka

so that means some people i don't know have gone missing, and it's not yet proven to be ativan's fault?
  •  

ativan

Just in general, things of a negative nature usually involve me. More than needs to be at times.

My Karma came to me (I wasn't even looking for it) and told me most things that go wrong in the universe have something to do with me.
It never really specified how much, but in being aware of my Karma now to a higher degree, it seems it's my fault and I am to blame.
There isn't a need to look for evidence one way or another, it's just something I've gotten used to, and many others have, too.
  •  

Taka

i can accept karma. but it's weird to think that a single person can mess up the karma of billions other people that much. if that's true, wouldn't the whole universe become peaceful if you could just turn your karma into a positive influence?
  •  

MarinaM

Quote from: i on July 23, 2011, 10:32:46 AM
I blame me.

I don't believe you  ;)

Blame is almost always a multiple player sport.
  •  

LightlyLuke

Quote from: Pica Pica on July 21, 2011, 03:40:57 PM
It's always useful to remember that the word is androgyne not androgynous.

I'm not big on the noun labels; I'd rather go with adjectives. Just like I rarely call myself a lesbian; I'm gay.

I feel like the noun boxes me into a slot, whereas the adjective describes a part of me, of which there are many.
  •  

LilDoberman

Quote from: LightlyLuke on July 26, 2011, 05:47:22 AM

I feel like the noun boxes me into a slot, whereas the adjective describes a part of me, of which there are many.

Yes, yes, YES!  Very well put.
--Deanne  :P
  •  

Raige

I honestly feel a bit contradictive about myself, considering the balance of both masculine and feminine at the same time...  I will say, my masculinity is dominant, though it can shift everywhere in between. Honestly, its very confusing. I had been suppressing my masculinity very much these past couple of years, which has been very unpleasant. I have stopped doing this this past year. I can't choose one or the other, because it would be as if I were to choose some limbs and leave the rest behind. Impossible, because it is all, in the end, the sum of me.

I feel as if I should have been born intersexed.
  •  

mimpi

Quote from: Taka on July 23, 2011, 11:36:33 AM
i can accept karma. but it's weird to think that a single person can mess up the karma of billions other people that much. if that's true, wouldn't the whole universe become peaceful if you could just turn your karma into a positive influence?

Surely not? A butterfly can flap it's wings and cause a hurricane the other side of the world (allegedly). Maybe the butterfly had bad Karma and caused a human disaster.

Btw, do butterflies have Karma, and if they don't, why not?

> there goes another black pebble into my jar...
  •  

Pica Pica

I don't believe in karma, but I do believe in cause and effect.
'For the circle may be squared with rising and swelling.' Kit Smart
  •  

ativan

The butterfly story comes from the science of chaos as an example of a chain of events that could be linked.
  •  

ZaidaZadkiel

the butterfly left free some delicious kharma when it moved its wing.
unfortunately, the story does not account for time, so that the dimension of things between the original wing flapping and the actual human disaster might be a bit longer than one would immediately think.

Then it stands to reason, that the butterfly is not the only factor in the catastrophe, reducing the fault of the butterly to it's very size in space time.

Also, the real culprits are clouds. They hate everything.
  •  

ativan

Quote from: ZaidaZadkiel on September 19, 2011, 08:01:13 PM
Then it stands to reason, that the butterfly is not the only factor in the catastrophe, reducing the fault of the butterly to it's very size in space time.
Hence the term 'chaos'.
  •  

ZaidaZadkiel

chaos is a word which means "we don't know the order yet"
  •  

ativan

I am absolutely amazed (and such) at chaos. Talk about drifting! :D
  •