Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Shedding some light

Started by Sevan, June 05, 2011, 09:04:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Photonic Soul

I've found myself as being in the "both and neither" camp. I've actually come compare my gender identity the a photon in that as a photon shows properties of both a particle and a wave, while its something different altogether.

I see that in my core being (and reflected in my personality), have this combination but not really either. Most of the time I'm quit comfortable being this way, and even enjoy it.  It's allowed me to mentally "rise above" the gendered world mentally, not in an "I'm better" way, but in a looking from a second story balcony type way.

That said at times I feel quite conflicted, and I've resorted to giving those conflicts separate voices in my internal conversations. Yes I do talk back to myself and respond.  ;D

"Guy side" wants to maintain the status quo and "man up", while girl side demands more expression. It's become a slow and ongoing process of constant negotiation.
  •  

mimpi

Quote from: @ivan on September 20, 2011, 11:13:20 AM
I am absolutely amazed (and such) at chaos. Talk about drifting! :D

It's not drifting, that's merely the perception, in reality nothing moves.

Btw, forget the butterfly and make it a fruit bat. They're bigger and cuter.
  •  

ativan

Quote from: mimpi on September 22, 2011, 02:36:51 PM
It's not drifting, that's merely the perception, in reality nothing moves.

Btw, forget the butterfly and make it a fruit bat. They're bigger and cuter.
Like how the topics here can drift into another topic...

I have been bitten by a bat that was hiding in a crevice. I was rock climbing.
I felt sorry for scaring him. Got bit by snakes a couple times, too.
(drifting)

Ativan
  •  

Pica Pica

Talking of particles, hear this 'un, the possibility that CERN have discovered neutrinos moving faster than light - they have recorded it above the standard number of times that qualify discovery, but want to be cautious.
'For the circle may be squared with rising and swelling.' Kit Smart
  •  

ativan

They're just saying that so nobody notices the blackhole they made is getting bigger...
  •  

mimpi

Isn't the speed of light an absolute?

The topic can't drift faster than that.
  •  

ativan

Isn't Absolute a Vodka?

We're Androgyn, we can do whatever we want.
( if the staff doesn't catch us ) ;D

Ativan
  •  

ZaidaZadkiel

while lightspeed may be a constant, it has been consistently proved that gossip travels faster than light.

@sevan: With glasses you look like a guy i know. Unfortunately I don't like that guy. But I do like you.
  •  

Sevan

Quote from: ZaidaZadkiel on September 22, 2011, 06:47:07 PM
@sevan: With glasses you look like a guy i know. Unfortunately I don't like that guy. But I do like you.

Unfortunate for that guy...fortunate for me :D
I'm also the spouse to the fabulous Mrs. Cynthialee.

•  

ZaidaZadkiel

Quote from: Sevan on September 22, 2011, 08:23:33 PM
Unfortunate for that guy...fortunate for me :D
Oh voluble fortuna, some times she takes us up and sometimes she takes us down, like the winds bowing to whichever direction are the fates of humankind.
  •  

ativan

Alright,...Who are you and what did you do with Zaida???
  •  

ZaidaZadkiel

Quote from: @ivan on September 22, 2011, 10:45:02 PM
Alright,...Who are you and what did you do with Zaida???
lol, was that too uncharacteristic ?
I was just remembering the lyrics of o fortuna by this orf dude.
  •  

Sevan

This has been passed around this area of the forum and may even be in this thread (if it already is...I apologize) but in case it isn't...I wanted to post my version of this little "story" in this thread. Here goes. :)

Imagine if you will, two cities. They're nice places, friendly...but very different places. One city is called Female, and the other...Male. Everyone who lives in these cities has their home. No two homes look the same...everyone has their own style. Some who are born in the citiy Male, don't belong their...and they travel through the forest and into the city Female...and set up residence there. What is this forest called though? Androgyn forest. Some folks are born in the city female, but don't belong there...and they travel through androgyn forest to get to the city Male, and set up their home there. However...some folks...they live and thrive in the Androgyn forest. Some have tree houses, some have caves, some are close to either city, but not within that city. Everyone is different...and goes about things differently, but all who are Androgyn live in the androgyn forest.

•  

Nero

Quote from: Sevan on September 29, 2011, 10:58:40 PM
This has been passed around this area of the forum and may even be in this thread (if it already is...I apologize) but in case it isn't...I wanted to post my version of this little "story" in this thread. Here goes. :)

Imagine if you will, two cities. They're nice places, friendly...but very different places. One city is called Female, and the other...Male. Everyone who lives in these cities has their home. No two homes look the same...everyone has their own style. Some who are born in the citiy Male, don't belong their...and they travel through the forest and into the city Female...and set up residence there. What is this forest called though? Androgyn forest. Some folks are born in the city female, but don't belong there...and they travel through androgyn forest to get to the city Male, and set up their home there. However...some folks...they live and thrive in the Androgyn forest. Some have tree houses, some have caves, some are close to either city, but not within that city. Everyone is different...and goes about things differently, but all who are Androgyn live in the androgyn forest.

And there are some living in one of the two cities for whom the forest is a nice place to visit. Sorry, couldn't resist.  :laugh: but the air is nice here and I do love to drop by. :)
Nero was the Forum Admin here at Susan's Place for several years up to the time of his death.
  •  

martinb

Im a male born androgyne.I found by accident when i took the cogiati test online.I`ve been crossdressing for a while,and i wanted to know more about what i was doing and why.I`ve had feminine traits and feelings from about when i was fourteen i think,when i wanted to grow my hair long and have both ears pierced,but that would have totally freaked my family out and i can just imagine what would`ve happened.These feelings have stayed with me though,and i guess dressing up began as a release when my femininity wanted out.I`ve never wanted or felt i needed srs though.Imight have a little work done to my face so i look better dressed but thats all.I`d never heard of an androgyne before i took the cogiati test(which i know is`nt exactly scientific)but i identified with the definition of an androgyne at once,it really is me.i`m happy having my femininity and masculinity together in me,i feel special,different.After years of thinking that something was wrong with me,knowing what and  who i am is so good,i`m happier than i`ve ever been,its great.
  •  

ativan

Quote from: martinb on October 05, 2011, 06:15:44 PM
i`m happy having my femininity and masculinity together in me,i feel special,different.
You are Special and Different.

Ativan
  •  

Sevan

Cogiati is how I found the term androgyn and really applied it to myself. Welcome. :) glad you found us as well.

•  

martinb

Hi Ativan,Sevan,  Thank you for your kind words and making me feel i belong herex
  •  

Shana A

Martinb,

Welcome to Susan's and the androgyne forum!

Z
"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

•  

Shantel

QuoteSomething I've been thinking about and would like to put out there, if I may, is that perhaps part of the difference between binary and non-binary identified people seems to be a difference in emphasis on the way they see themselves.
For binary folks, the individual is an expression of the gender identity, but for non-binary people the gender identity is an expression of the individual.
I have occasionally heard, "Is that a male or a female?" I have seen looks of disapproval especially from older women. However it appears to me that negative attitudes most often come from street people who routinely make it a habit of reading other people, whereas middle and higher income types are far more wrapped up in the busyness of their own lives to care a whit about how you or I fit into the gender spectrum. They in turn offer less criticism and most often see us as simply androgynous nondescript human beings. So perhaps we might say that for non-binary people the gender identity label is generally a moot point just because of gender ambiguity as seen from the perspective of others.
  •