Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Sally Fallon on the terrible Dangers of Soy

Started by Princess of Hearts, June 08, 2011, 08:08:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kate durcal

Do you know why cow's milk is not good for humans?

Because it was made for calves!

If you do not pay attention to the words, but just to the toen of voice, eye movement, and the smile, you will discover that this woman speaks like other con people (lawyers, used car dealers, preachers, politicians, etc.

Now, if you pay attention to her message, and you were not sleeping in BIO 101, then you will realize that this woman does not what she is talking about. Her message is unpasteurized BS

Kate D
  •  

Janet_Girl

Pasteurizing is used to extend shelf life.  That was why it was developed.  Now, we have drank it so long that our gastrointestinal tract has a problem handling it.

The Fight for Safe Milk Pasteurization
QuoteAs it turns out, the solution to the problem had already been found. In the 1860s, French chemist Louis Pasteur invented the process of pasteurization, which uses heat to kill bacteria that cause liquids like milk and beer to spoil. But because his ideas were revolutionary, they spread slowly. The idea of pasteurizing milk didn't arrive in the U.S. until the 1880s- and even then, it took more than 30 years to find wide acceptance! That acceptance came largely through the work of one man.

I have drank unpasteurized milk and I am still here.
  •  

JungianZoe

Quote from: Janet Lynn on June 08, 2011, 11:33:14 PM
I have drank unpasteurized milk and I am still here.

Oh...?  Maybe that's just what they want you to think.  :icon_suspicious:
  •  

cynthialee

Part of my childhood was spent in the country in New England.
We drank ALOT of raw milk and like Janet, I am here to tell the tale.
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose.
If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself.
Sun Tsu 'The art of War'
  •  

Padma

I have scarfed astounding quantities of unpasteurised goat Camembert when in France. The only real danger it poses is to other people sharing the same enclosed spaces with you.
Womandrogyneâ„¢
  •  

kate durcal

Just because you drink un-pasteurized milk and you are OK means nothing. Ask yourself statistically who gets more often sick, those who drink raw milk or the ones who drink un- pasteurized milk?

Debunking Milk Myths

While pasteurization has helped provide safe, nutrient-rich milk and cheese for over 120 years, some people continue to believe that pasteurization harms milk and that raw milk is a safe healthier alternative.

Here are some common myths and proven facts about milk and pasteurization:

Pasteurizing milk DOES NOT cause lactose intolerance and allergic reations. Both raw milk and pasteurized milk can cause allergic reactions in people sensitive to milk proteins.
    Raw milk DOES NOT kill dangerous pathogens by itself.
    Pasteurization DOES NOT reduce milk's nutritional value.
    Pasteurization DOES NOT mean that it is safe to leave milk out of the refrigerator for extended time, particularly after it has been opened.
    Pasteurization DOES kill harmful bacteria.
    Pasteurization DOES save lives
  •  

cynthialee

I have seen the internal organs of a cow raised on pasturized milk and the organs of one that suckled at moms teat.
The pasturized guts look unhealthy compared to unpasturized.

So don't say pasturized is healthier. It isn't. If milk was so bad for you in a natural state we never would have made it this far.
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
Sun Tsu 'The art of War'
  •  

kate durcal

Quote from: cynthialee on June 09, 2011, 07:15:34 PM
I have seen the internal organs of a cow raised on pasturized milk and the organs of one that suckled at moms teat.
The pasturized guts look unhealthy compared to unpasturized.

So don't say pasturized is healthier. It isn't. If milk was so bad for you in a natural state we never would have made it this far.

What was the life expectancy 200 years ago, before Pateur ?

In the USA 30 to

40 years. I do not say anything, sciences and a century of hygiene, vaccines, antibiotics say so.

As reported by the USA Center for Disease Control: "From 1998 to 2008, 85 outbreaks of human infections resulting from consumption of raw milk were reported to CDC. These outbreaks included a total of 1,614 reported illnesses, 187 hospitalizations and 2 deaths. Because not all cases of food-borne illness are recognized and reported, the actual number of illnesses associated with raw milk likely is greater."

Your ignorance only rivals your petulance.  Get your facts straight before you post misinformation.

Kate D

Get your facts in order, what youwitness or what you belive counts for nothing
  •  

Sephirah

Let's tone it down folks. Kate, be careful how you word your posts with regard to other members please.

Thank you.
Natura nihil frustra facit.
  •  

kate durcal

•  

cynthialee

Yeah who am I too believe my lieing ass eyes?
Sun Tsu 'The art of War'
  •  

Janet_Girl

Geez I can believe people arguing about milk.

Come on people.  Do you have to lock this?
  •  

kate durcal

I hope for the day when I will not have to hide behind an avatar and I can fully tell you who I am, what I do for living, and in which fields I can speak with the authority provided by credentials, degrees, and experience. Most regretful that day is not here yet, and it will not be for at least a year.

I came to Susan's for support with my TS, to learn from other who have come before me. I do not have any experience to contribute to TS/TG issues as I am pre-everything, but as an experienced Gal in the arts  and sciences of medicine and medical research, I thought that would be my way of contributing to Susan's by shedding light and dispelling myths about health and medicine.

I spent many years in a developing country here I witness so much suffering and unnecessary death due to ignorance, and superstition. Now to my dismay I see a wave of pseudo-intellectualism that is pushing "sneak oil" disguise as wise "organic" and natural  treatments.

I do not deny the positive contributions made by eastern medicine, acupuncture, and some herbal formulation for example. I also endorse praying and meditation a part of healing or maintaining ones health. However, the 'smart money says you should follow only proven therapies, and this is also true for new western therapeutic procedures or drugs.

As for apologies, I mean what I say.

Kate D

•  

Renate

Quote from: kate durcal on June 10, 2011, 08:38:17 AM
I spent many years in a developing country where I witnessed so much suffering and unnecessary death due to ignorance and superstition.

I'm glad I live in America where there is no ignorance or superstition. >:-)

Fact: Raw milk, pasteurized milk and UHT milk all taste different.

I like raw milk cheeses.
I use non-fat powdered milk in my coffee because I'm lazy and a Philistine.

It would be nice if we could trust the purity of all our food sources.
The Germans seem to have some current problems with bean sprouts.
  •  

gennee

Goog observation, Janet. I use soy quite a bit and it is plant based. I'll need to do research on where and from whom she gets her facts and findings. Im sure she did not get it from good and creditable science.                                                                                                                 Gennee
Be who you are.
Make a difference by being a difference.   :)

Blog: www.difecta.blogspot.com
  •  

AbraCadabra

For me there is only the undeniable fact that soft-cheese made from raw milk just tastes SOOO much better.

Maybe all those bugs add to the taste?

They ate it like that in France for ever and a day, and France is still on the map! (Despite all the German efforts to change that at one time or another)

So the French seem very, very resilient on consumption of raw milk - at least when it goes into their cheeses.

And I LIKE tasty stuff better then bland food :-)

Axelle
Some say: "Free sex ruins everything..."
  •