Community Conversation => Transitioning => Hormone replacement therapy => Topic started by: Reborn@57 on October 08, 2026, 08:36:06 PM Return to Full Version
Title: HRT meds
Post by: Reborn@57 on October 08, 2026, 08:36:06 PM
Post by: Reborn@57 on October 08, 2026, 08:36:06 PM
Hello ..
Started my HRT meds on the Oct 6th...
57 yrs old ... MtF.... Found out on blood work that body has been running on estrogen .. level 58 ...the whole time for last 5 yrs ... Tess was way low at 88 ...
Doctor said this explains why I have A -cup breast already and emotional over anything Sad or Happy .. also Mr Tiny half works .. well now you know my whole story so here is my question..
Everytime I take the Spironolactone it gives me upset stomach bad and a headache. Both happen within 30 mins after taking with food .. normal ????
Doc also says that since I'm used to estrogen my body will adapt really quickly to the meds .. says it's a good thing and should speed up time line on changes maybe .. we will see .. anyways the question is on the meds ?? Normal or not ??
Thanks for the help as alway ❤️
Started my HRT meds on the Oct 6th...
57 yrs old ... MtF.... Found out on blood work that body has been running on estrogen .. level 58 ...the whole time for last 5 yrs ... Tess was way low at 88 ...
Doctor said this explains why I have A -cup breast already and emotional over anything Sad or Happy .. also Mr Tiny half works .. well now you know my whole story so here is my question..
Everytime I take the Spironolactone it gives me upset stomach bad and a headache. Both happen within 30 mins after taking with food .. normal ????
Doc also says that since I'm used to estrogen my body will adapt really quickly to the meds .. says it's a good thing and should speed up time line on changes maybe .. we will see .. anyways the question is on the meds ?? Normal or not ??
Thanks for the help as alway ❤️
Title: Re: HRT meds
Post by: Lori Dee on October 08, 2026, 09:53:36 PM
Post by: Lori Dee on October 08, 2026, 09:53:36 PM
Mayo Clinic website says:
https://www.mayoclinic.org/drugs-supplements/spironolactone-oral-route/description/drg-20071534
Check with your doctor immediately if any of the following side effects occur:
Headache
Heartburn
Indigestion
Among many other possible side effects.
I would call them right away.
https://www.mayoclinic.org/drugs-supplements/spironolactone-oral-route/description/drg-20071534
Check with your doctor immediately if any of the following side effects occur:
Headache
Heartburn
Indigestion
Among many other possible side effects.
I would call them right away.
Title: Re: HRT meds
Post by: Alana Ashleigh on October 08, 2026, 10:29:50 PM
Post by: Alana Ashleigh on October 08, 2026, 10:29:50 PM
I'd call the doctor like @Lori Dee said. Better to be safe than sorry.
Title: Re: HRT meds
Post by: Devlyn on October 09, 2026, 01:34:27 AM
Post by: Devlyn on October 09, 2026, 01:34:27 AM
Agreed, call your doctor, but also make sure you're super duper hydrated. Spiro is a very effective diuretic. I was drinking almost a gallon of water a day when I was on Spiro.
Also, hold onto your hats, we're taking this discussion to the HRT subforum.
Wheeeeeee!
Hugs, Devlyn
Also, hold onto your hats, we're taking this discussion to the HRT subforum.
Wheeeeeee!
Hugs, Devlyn
Title: Re: HRT meds
Post by: Alana Ashleigh on October 09, 2026, 12:37:36 PM
Post by: Alana Ashleigh on October 09, 2026, 12:37:36 PM
Quote from: Devlyn on Today at 01:34:27 AMAgreed, call your doctor, but also make sure you're super duper hydrated. Spiro is a very effective diuretic. I was drinking almost a gallon of water a day when I was on Spiro.
I don't leave the house without my hydroflask full of water being on spiro. I drink so much water now. That side effect caught me by surprise.
Title: Re: HRT meds
Post by: Devlyn on October 09, 2026, 01:28:03 PM
Post by: Devlyn on October 09, 2026, 01:28:03 PM
Quote from: Alana Ashleigh on Today at 12:37:36 PMI don't leave the house without my hydroflask full of water being on spiro. I drink so much water now. That side effect caught me by surprise.
I always had great blood pressure. On Spiro I had a few instances where I stood up and went right back down again. One time I was completely out and the first thing I became aware of was the feeling of the carpet on my fingers.