Susan's Place Logo
Main Menu

HRT meds

Started by Reborn@57, Yesterday at 08:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Reborn@57

Hello ..

Started my HRT meds on the Oct 6th...

57 yrs old ... MtF....  Found out on blood work that body has been running on estrogen .. level 58 ...the whole time for last 5 yrs ... Tess was way low at 88 ...

Doctor said this explains why I have A -cup breast already and emotional over anything Sad or Happy .. also Mr Tiny half works .. well now you know my whole story so here is my question..


Everytime I take the Spironolactone it gives me upset stomach bad and a headache. Both happen within 30 mins after taking with food .. normal ????

Doc also says that since I'm used to estrogen my body will adapt really quickly to the meds .. says it's a good thing and should speed up time line on changes maybe .. we will see .. anyways the question is on the meds ?? Normal or not ??

Thanks for the help  as alway ❤️


Lori Dee ✅

Mayo Clinic website says:
https://www.mayoclinic.org/drugs-supplements/spironolactone-oral-route/description/drg-20071534 🔗

Check with your doctor immediately if any of the following side effects occur:

Headache
Heartburn
Indigestion


Among many other possible side effects.

I would call them right away.

My Life is Based on a True Story <-- The Story of Lori
The Story of Lori, Chapter 2
Veteran U.S. Army - SSG (Staff Sergeant) - M60A3 Tank Master Gunner
2017 - GD Diagnosis / 2019- 2nd Diagnosis / 2020 - HRT / 2022 - FFS & Legal Name Change
/ 2024 - Voice Training / 2025 - Passport & IDs complete - Started Electrolysis!

An ancient prayer:
"King Zeus, grant us the good things, whether we pray for them or not, and keep from us the bad things, even if we pray for them."

HELP US HELP YOU!
Please consider becoming a Subscriber.
Donations accepted at: https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/SusanElizabethLarson 🔗
  • skype:.?call
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Sarah B, Lilis

Alana Ashleigh

I'd call the doctor like @Lori Dee said. Better to be safe than sorry.
Follow me on my Forum Blog  Alana's Journey    
        -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  - 
Feminine journey started summer May 2020
GD diagnosed July 2024
Social transitioning 2024-present
Started HRT, & my womanhood 5-12-25
I love femininity ✨ 🎀 👠 💄


🔗 [Link: tickerfactory.com]
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Lilis

Devlyn ✅

Agreed, call your doctor, but also make sure you're super duper hydrated. Spiro is a very effective diuretic. I was drinking almost a gallon of water a day when I was on Spiro.

Also, hold onto your hats, we're taking this discussion to the HRT subforum.

Wheeeeeee!

Hugs, Devlyn

Alana Ashleigh

Quote from: Devlyn on Today at 01:34:27 AMAgreed, call your doctor, but also make sure you're super duper hydrated. Spiro is a very effective diuretic. I was drinking almost a gallon of water a day when I was on Spiro.




I don't leave the house without my hydroflask full of water being on spiro. I drink so much water now. That side effect caught me by surprise.
Follow me on my Forum Blog  Alana's Journey    
        -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  - 
Feminine journey started summer May 2020
GD diagnosed July 2024
Social transitioning 2024-present
Started HRT, & my womanhood 5-12-25
I love femininity ✨ 🎀 👠 💄


🔗 [Link: tickerfactory.com]
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Devlyn

Devlyn ✅

Quote from: Alana Ashleigh on Today at 12:37:36 PMI don't leave the house without my hydroflask full of water being on spiro. I drink so much water now. That side effect caught me by surprise.

I always had great blood pressure. On Spiro I had a few instances where I stood up and went right back down again. One time I was completely out and the first thing I became aware of was the feeling of the carpet on my fingers.