Susan's Place Logo
Main Menu

Life Of Michelle K

Started by Michelle_K, October 06, 2024, 07:02:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Michelle_K

I now walk with a cane. I tell myself it isn't necessary. Today I went out without it. Just to the car and back. Twice I got severe hip pain. Might have been having to go up steps and my hip joint slipping. Learning how I should properly use the cane. More like a walking stick, not heavy weight on it, just enough to stabilize my walking. Like I told the Occupational Therapist years ago. I wobble because one leg is shorter than the other. There was something else I had learned, I bump into doorways due to not tracking where my feet are. Like misjudging where the curb is, expecting solid footing 6 inches above the pavement.

I read about the Ehlers-Danlos syndromes (EDS). Someone in a forum made a comment about eating something that they were allergic to in order to clear their constipation. I was thinking about that when I ended up sitting on the toilet after eating some ice cream with peanut butter in it. I notified my VA provider about a peanut allergy long ago, and it still has not gotten into my allergy list.
Michelle
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Lori Dee

Lori Dee ✅

Quote from: Michelle_K on September 18, 2026, 11:29:50 PMI notified my VA provider about a peanut allergy long ago, and it still has not gotten into my allergy list.

You can get medical alert bracelets and necklaces at most drug stores. Find one that says Peanut Allergy or just Nut Allergy and wear it to your next appointment. Be sure to show your doctor your new bracelet. If they have half a clue, they should immediately pull up your records to confirm. If they say it isn't in there, ask them for a test.

I had a test done because of sinus problems they couldn't figure out. I told them I am not allergic to anything. They ordered the test. They tested for 80 common allergens. Negative on all. So, I reiterated, "I am not allergic to anything. Not bee stings, poison ivy, nothing."
They never entered it into my records either.

So I sent a Secure Message to my doctor through MyHealtheVet and quoted the date and time of the test, who did it, and basically transcribed the entire results letter. Then attached a copy of the letter.

It still isn't in my records, but I can easily find it by searching the message for the allergy test. Then I asked, "So, about this sinus problem that is NOT an allergy..."
My Life is Based on a True Story <-- The Story of Lori
The Story of Lori, Chapter 2
Veteran U.S. Army - SSG (Staff Sergeant) - M60A3 Tank Master Gunner
2017 - GD Diagnosis / 2019- 2nd Diagnosis / 2020 - HRT / 2022 - FFS & Legal Name Change
/ 2024 - Voice Training / 2025 - Passport & IDs complete - Started Electrolysis!

An ancient prayer:
"King Zeus, grant us the good things, whether we pray for them or not, and keep from us the bad things, even if we pray for them."

HELP US HELP YOU!
Please consider becoming a Subscriber.
Donations accepted at: https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/SusanElizabethLarson 🔗

Michelle_K

 I had a medical bracelet long ago, stating hearing impaired. I lost it years ago. Might have ended up in my dad's desk drawer. I've looked at a few, including ones with barcodes where the information is on a web site, and ones that can be custom engraved.
It did get added to MyChart.
Michelle
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Lori Dee

Maid Marion

I found I had far fewer allergy issues when I finally eased into a much lower stress life in retirement.

Michelle_K

I had meant the peanut allergy got added to MyChart.

I saw a video complaining that men do not belong in Hobby Lobby. I don't think Hobby Lobby is a women's only space. I have seen model cars and paints in Hobby Lobby. I have seen materials for model train layouts, and supplies for sewing.
Michelle

Michelle_K

 I grew up with the statement from my dad that I had a right to my opinion only if it agreed with his opinion. In other words, anything I had to say did not matter since he already formed his version, and he only wanted confirmation he was right.
 It didn't matter if it was an accusation or a simple statement, he was in the position of authority, and would not accept any contradiction. In my case it was agree or end up sitting on the punishment chair until I admitted he was right.
 Thus I may write things that I hope will not be challenged, perhaps remembering that my dad dragged me across the floor to the punishment chair for denying his accusation. Learning the lesson to back down when challenged.
Michelle

Finally Anna

Michelle, I am at loss of proper words. 😢
I can't even imagine the despair and helplessness of that situation.
💕
I can't find, oh, the right romantic line
But see me once and see the way I feel
Don't discard me just because you think I mean you harm
But these cuts I have, oh, they need love to help them heal.


Out to self since March 5, 2026. My wife knows it all since June 23.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Lori Dee

Michelle_K

 I do not wear makeup. Nobody has helped me with putting on makeup, yet I seem to remember my mother putting lipstick on me. I wonder if I should trust a sixty year old memory. I am fairly certain that my sisters do not wear makeup.
 I watched a video of a cos player doing her makeup, using the shading to make her nose appear narrower to more closely resemble the actress who played the role. In a different video she used the same technique to make her nose appear wider for some other costume. I realize that done properly, it can appear that there is no makeup, and still make the person more radiant. I do have the makeup, just that I'm a bit scared of making a mistake while putting it on. Perhaps too that I might not totally remove all of it when removing my makeup. Then there are the voices from the past, or my own actions, a fear of getting caught looking at makeup or nail polish. A fear of getting beat up, or getting called a sissy. Then there was my mother trying to teach me respect for women with the palm of her hand.

I need to tell my therapist why I get uncomfortable at the laundromat. It is almost like being invisible. The woman in a dress sitting on the table with her feet on the table. Something she would not do if she knew a man was there, and I fear I might get caught looking in her direction. Might go back to when I was growing up, I might get my face slapped if I noticed my sisters had breasts.
It wasn't me, it was the neighbor boy. I was at their house when the boy came in, glanced up as he passed the table, and got his face slapped. His mother was changing his baby sister's diaper on the kitchen table.
Michelle
  •  

Maid Marion

Canes need to be fitted to the user.

https://houseofcanes.com/ 🔗
They can help you with the cane you need.
  •  

Michelle_K

 Second street south Or county road 375, both are the same highway. Both are part of the address for the VA office. Neither one would show up on my navigation screen, both addresses after search showing address not found. This time I took a closer look at the map on the computer screen. Zooming in after getting a direction route, it was easy to get to. I knew where Fleet Farm was, Left at the stoplight just past Fleet Farm, right at the next block, building on the right just a quarter mile.
 The paperwork has been started. Maybe I get a hearing disability.

I think about the question of driving a tank. I know there are places you can go to for civilians to drive a tank. I have not driven a tank. What I drove was a 155mm howitzer, enclosed with a turret.
Michelle

Lori Dee ✅

Quote from: Michelle_K on October 01, 2026, 06:13:27 PMI have not driven a tank. What I drove was a 155mm howitzer, enclosed with a turret.

Gotta love things that go BOOM!
My Life is Based on a True Story <-- The Story of Lori
The Story of Lori, Chapter 2
Veteran U.S. Army - SSG (Staff Sergeant) - M60A3 Tank Master Gunner
2017 - GD Diagnosis / 2019- 2nd Diagnosis / 2020 - HRT / 2022 - FFS & Legal Name Change
/ 2024 - Voice Training / 2025 - Passport & IDs complete - Started Electrolysis!

An ancient prayer:
"King Zeus, grant us the good things, whether we pray for them or not, and keep from us the bad things, even if we pray for them."

HELP US HELP YOU!
Please consider becoming a Subscriber.
Donations accepted at: https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/SusanElizabethLarson 🔗