Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

The Cereal Diet

Started by togetherwecan, February 06, 2007, 05:11:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

togetherwecan

I created a diet a while back that worked really well for me and I will prolly go back on it by spring.
I tend to lose weight in the winter and gain in the summer, nuttin major but still...anyhow I had cancer once and was very ill. I lost a lot of weight and was skinny and I hated it. Everything hurt and I was always cold. When I got better the docs had me on some crazy diets bevause I was having some issues with my pancreas at the same time. Anyhow, all that weight I had lost I put back on and then some really quick.
So one day I came up with an idea...and it worked...59 lbs of worked!

I used to skip breakfast and often lunch and would be starving by dinner so what I did was reverse it kinda and went from there.

I ate breakfast and lunch at the appropriate times - and I had whatever I wanted, it was often fast food because of work, I even snacked throughout the day on junk, but after 4pm all I could have if I got hungry was cereal. Any kind of cereal and as much as I wanted. Most are now made with whole grains, even cocoa pebbles.

Anyhow, I was never hungry or deprived of the things I loved.

Somehow this switch changed my metabolism and quickly! I lost 15 lbs the first few weeks and I felt great the whole time. After about 5 months I dropped 59 lbs.

So not necessarily doctor reccommended but hey it was great and harmless! But ya gotta like cereal!
  •  

Kimberly

One thought to this, it would seem that if you get used to skipping meals it kind of becomes normal to the point of not even registering going to bed hungry. I suppose it is odd but going to bed on an empty tummy is basically second nature to me. While yes I am thin I am too thin.

So be careful of that I suppose is my sleepy-minded point.
  •  

togetherwecan

Quote from: Kimberly on February 06, 2007, 06:02:00 PM
One thought to this, it would seem that if you get used to skipping meals it kind of becomes normal to the point of not even registering going to bed hungry. I suppose it is odd but going to bed on an empty tummy is basically second nature to me. While yes I am thin I am too thin.

So be careful of that I suppose is my sleepy-minded point.

yes agreed. we do have to eat. I am not skinny tho.
the idea isn't to skip meals with this tho...you eat tons of all the stuff you love...it is just that what you are eating at night after 4pm is made with whole grains and digests so much better than say fried chicken and mashed potatoes.
  •  

Melissa

I started eating lots of fruit and veggies on my diet I just started.  I did this diet before and lost about 40 pounds in about 4 months.  I've gained about 15-20 pounds of it back, so I'm trying to drop that again.

Melissa
  •  

Gill

Hi All:

Don't want to play Mom but ...... fruits, veg, fibre, lean protein are usually the way to go for a balanced diet/regime.

We should remember how important it is to eat foods that are either low in or have no trans fats.  Here's a link to Canada's new food guide. 

http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/fn-an/food-guide-aliment/index_e.html

Gill
  •  

Brianna

I weigh 145 pounds. I used to weigh 268.

There is no way to permanently lose weight that doesn't involve exercise. Right now I am working to lose my last 10 pound of stomach fat. This means increasing my running from 40 to 50 miles a week and adding on an hour of intense pilates a day.

Cutting calories is also a good idea.

Bri
  •  

Gill

That's awesome Bri - great work.

Yup it's a combination of exercise and watching what we eat. 

g
  •  

togetherwecan

hehehe I am thinking I didn't explain this right...

You eat the things you want to eat, so if you normally eat very healthy you still would. It is just changing the timing of that last meal and what it is.

For me, fast food was what was available if I didn't pack and bring a lunch with me.

Exercise is a must for any diet, but dang Bri you sound like me when I was teaching kickboxing. I used to teach 4 two hr classes a week on top of my own training. I was always working out. Been a while since I have done it like that extreme tho. I am a blk belt btw. If that avi pic is you, you look fantastic!
  •  

Brianna

Quote from: togetherwecan on February 06, 2007, 08:09:35 PM
Exercise is a must for any diet, but dang Bri you sound like me when I was teaching kickboxing. I used to teach 4 two hr classes a week on top of my own training. I was always working out. Been a while since I have done it like that extreme tho. I am a blk belt btw. If that avi pic is you, you look fantastic!

That is me, and thank you very much spacekat. I think that pic conveys my liberal snarkiness. I am a hardcore athlete. It's much cheaper than prosac when it comes to transsexualism.

Bri, Second Revolutionist. ;)
  •  

togetherwecan

Quote from: Brianna on February 06, 2007, 08:18:45 PM
Quote from: togetherwecan on February 06, 2007, 08:09:35 PM

That is me, and thank you very much spacekat. I think that pic conveys my liberal snarkiness. I am a hardcore athlete. It's much cheaper than prosac when it comes to transsexualism.

Bri, Second Revolutionist. ;)

you like sooooooooooo crack me up! Party Princess indeed  ;D more like life of the party!
  •