Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

You can laugh, but...

Started by Sabriel Facrin, June 16, 2011, 10:37:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabriel Facrin

Sometimes I hear weird ideas about certain things provoking stronger breast growth.  I usually think "...YYeeeee--no." but, with hearing about -real- impacts of food ingredients playing with development and transition, I'm kind of wondering again about how much they really are false.

I'm sure there were other ones about diet, but one that comes to mind is milk.  I hear that especially with the kind of drugs that get passed on from the cows (or otherwise animal) into the milk, that they can cause the breasts to develop more.  Does anyone know if there's any scientific proof that flat-out goes for/against this rumor?
  •  

Maja.V

There could be a grain of truth in it, though the hormones are more likely to cause growth of canceroid cells, as well. The hormones wouldn't affect just one part of your body, they would affect it whole.

lilacwoman

all the horror stories of hormones and chemicals in our food chain causing us to mutate into maniacal jelly blobs may have some truth but only mutation I've heard if that parents born with micro limbs etc from thalidomide problems are having kids born the same as genetic code is said to have been altered by the thalidomide.  But the doctors still push thalidomide as the chemical company says its safe.

do we believe big biz, doctors, our commonsense or lack of?
  •  

kelly_aus

Quote from: lilacwoman on December 23, 2011, 05:45:10 AM
all the horror stories of hormones and chemicals in our food chain causing us to mutate into maniacal jelly blobs may have some truth but only mutation I've heard if that parents born with micro limbs etc from thalidomide problems are having kids born the same as genetic code is said to have been altered by the thalidomide.  But the doctors still push thalidomide as the chemical company says its safe.

do we believe big biz, doctors, our commonsense or lack of?

Thalidomide has been banned for everything except some very specific medical issues since the early 60's.. These issues are mostly leprosy or cancer related..
  •