Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Un-following a Topic

Started by A, July 05, 2011, 11:13:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

A

I usually use the "Show new replies to your posts" to get updates on the forum when I want to go fast. This is usually useful. But I happen to have posted in topics I do not necessarily want updates on (for example, "caption the avatar above you"). I have actually quite a few of these and I would like to clear them from my list. I can press "Mark as read", but it's only effective until another reply is posted.

Is there a way to delete a topic from there permanently?
A's Transition Journal
Last update: June 11th, 2012
No more updates
  •  

tekla

Good question, I've looked for the same info, but to no avail.
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

Adabelle

Unfortunately there's no way to do this within SMF. There is a mod that the admin can install to allow people to ignore certain threats from popping up on the unread topics page, but I don't believe that's installed here. There's also a built in feature where you can ignore an entire board, but I'm not sure if that's turned on.
  •  

Sephirah

Quote from: Madelyn on July 05, 2011, 11:33:00 AM
Unfortunately there's no way to do this within SMF. There is a mod that the admin can install to allow people to ignore certain threats from popping up on the unread topics page, but I don't believe that's installed here. There's also a built in feature where you can ignore an entire board, but I'm not sure if that's turned on.

Yes it is.

Profile > Modify Profile > Ignore Boards Options

Madelyn's right though, there's no way to vet what new replies you see short of marking them as read. You can, however, use the Notifications options to recieve notifications of new replies to threads you select for notification (click on the 'Notify' button while viewing the thread).
Natura nihil frustra facit.
  •  

A

That's sad. *Wet eyes* Do you think you could look into adding such a function?
A's Transition Journal
Last update: June 11th, 2012
No more updates
  •