Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

A NEW POLITICAL PARTY ONLINE FORMING with almost 2 million members now

Started by Amazon D, July 24, 2011, 10:33:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amazon D

A NEW POLITICAL PARTY ONLINE FORMING with almost 2 million members now

https://secure.americanselect.org/about

JOIN AND TAKE THE TEST AND PASS IT ON WE NEED WE THE PEOPLE TO TAKE OVER..
I'm an Amazon womyn + very butch + respecting MWMF since 1999 unless invited. + I AM A HIPPIE

•  

MarinaM

I don't want to give them my legal name, all the more reason to hurry up and change it :) Looks interesting though.
  •  

tekla

Nope, and I'll tell you why.  It's all internet based, so it's going to be afflicted with all sorts of crap done though the veil of anonymity.  Politics is reality based enterprise that basically forces people to stand up in public and give their opinion/choice.  Bob Marley implored everyone to Get Up! Stand Up! and he was right.  If you are not willing to publicly participate in governance you're not in line with the most basic principals of a democratic republic.
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

Amazon D

They now have 2000 delegates and the site has expanded even further.

http://www.americanselect.org/

AMERICANS ELECT LAUNCHES NATIONWIDE GRASSROOTS NETWORK PROJECT 500

Effort has signed more than 2,000 "Delegate Leaders" in State Senate Districts and College Campuses nationwide
I'm an Amazon womyn + very butch + respecting MWMF since 1999 unless invited. + I AM A HIPPIE

•  

Kayla

Leave it to Tekla to win the thread again.

But if these close to 2 million people did "get up" and just involve themselves in the primary process, they could purge a few of the members of Congress who are responsible for gridlock and elect a "Gang of X" who could get government doing things again. But if they tried anything after that, they're just playing spoiler and undermining their own interests.

BTW, I don't trust any group that won't state their goals or policy positions. Its like "vote for us, but don't mind what we'll do once in power."
  •  

Amazon D

Quote from: Kayla on September 20, 2011, 05:29:48 PM
Leave it to Tekla to win the thread again.

But if these close to 2 million people did "get up" and just involve themselves in the primary process, they could purge a few of the members of Congress who are responsible for gridlock and elect a "Gang of X" who could get government doing things again. But if they tried anything after that, they're just playing spoiler and undermining their own interests.

BTW, I don't trust any group that won't state their goals or policy positions. Its like "vote for us, but don't mind what we'll do once in power."

Try reading the FULL site before you trash them. tekla also didn't and just likes to give opinions but not do anything to make changes. I was a delegate for Obama and had the first biggest fundraiser for him in march 2007 in Phila Pa. Many of the people at this site are very involved people.

•  

JessicaH

People jsut vote their own ittle personal interests anyway and not what's best for the country. The people that make money want to keep more of what they make and the peope that don't make as much want free stuff paid by the government. I'd vote myself higher taxes if it would benefit the country and pay off all the debt load but I will not happen. If they raise taxes, they will just spend it on something else more exciting than paying off debt. Panem et circenses is downfall of democracy.

•  

tekla

People jsut vote their own ittle personal interests anyway and not what's best for the country

1.  That pretty much what the Founding Fathers wanted.  They referred to it as 'enlightened self-interest."  So I have to ask, why do you hate America so much?

2.  Explain the vast majority of people who vote Republican anymore.  It's not like it's in their interest at all.
  •  

Renee_

Quote from: tekla on September 20, 2011, 08:21:45 PM2.  Explain the vast majority of people who vote Republican anymore.  It's not like it's in their interest at all.

1. Religious interests trumping economic interests.

2. They are voting in their percieved interests. It's called the "American Dream". People believe they can become one of the wealthy so they vote according to what's best for them... "when they achieve their dreams."
  •  

tekla

Let me know the next time someone with a fifth grade education (which is, in reality, two more years then they ever use) becomes a millionaire.
  •  

Renee_

Quote from: tekla on September 20, 2011, 08:35:39 PM
Let me know the next time someone with a fifth grade education (which is, in reality, two more years then they ever use) becomes a millionaire.

Dreams != logic
Dreams != statistics

It doesn't matter that it's unlikely they will become rich. What matters is they want to believe they will so they vote accordingly. And you won't change their votes by telling them they can't achieve their dreams.
  •  

Renee_

Quote from: tekla on September 20, 2011, 08:40:32 PM
What they believe, what they teach....

About electricity:
http://www.iheartchaos.com/post/10448934718/christian-fourth-grade-textbook-tries-to-explain

This is fringe of the fringe of the fringe. Even BJU will give you better science than that.

Quote from: tekla on September 20, 2011, 08:40:32 PM
About the moon:
http://www.bjupress.com/about/look-inside-science-4.php

BJU is literal Bible Christian but they still teach fairly sound science when it's not in contradiction to their belief the world is 6-8000 years old. Their chapter on electricity is probably accurate, origins of the moon not so much. :-) But this really has nothing to do w/ why there are 60 million plus republican voters, there aren't close to that many people that take the Bible that literally.
  •  

Renee_

Quote from: Laura91 on September 20, 2011, 08:50:25 PM
:D Wow....people actually believe this stuff?? :o WOW!

I'd like to see some evidence the electricity stuff ever made it into a classroom. At this point there is no evidence such a book actually exists.

The BJU stuff yes.
  •  

Renate

I vote for my personal interests.
A candidate's stand on transgender equal rights will always weigh heavily by me.
  •  

mimpi

"2.  Explain the vast majority of people who vote Republican anymore.  It's not like it's in their interest at all."

"Turkeys voting for Christmas" as we say here in the UK, we get the same with people voting Conservative.

The way things are going with the world economy a new party is needed to deal with the impending crisis. Otherwise things will continue marching to the right and there isn't much room left there before you end up with neo-fascism.

Here's an interesting clip, with the BBC interviewers looking in a state of shock. The trader says, "Goldman Sachs rules the world" :

•  

justmeinoz

Until you lot get compulsory voting you will never have a truly representative Government.  Preferential voting would also get rid of the loony fringe too.

Karen.  Sitting smugly at the bottom of the world. :D
"Don't ask me, it was on fire when I lay down on it"
  •  

mimpi

Quote from: justmeinoz on September 27, 2011, 07:02:01 AM
Until you lot get compulsory voting you will never have a truly representative Government.  Preferential voting would also get rid of the loony fringe too.

Karen.  Sitting smugly at the bottom of the world. :D

Compulsory voting is an excellent idea, you have it in Australia afaik. Of course that doesn't obligate one to actually vote as one can spoil the ballot paper or similar when in the booth. As for getting rid of the "loony fringe" that's deeply undemocratic. If one wishes to deal with far right fascist parties Germany does it correctly by by having a percentage threshold for obtaining seats in parliament. Much as it pains to me to say so Israel's system is the one that seems most just, total proportional representation based on nationwide voting totals. Hopefully the same will incorporated into a future Palestine.
  •