Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

money, cell phone, and stuff

Started by BillieTex, July 28, 2011, 08:13:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BillieTex

If you go en femme and not taking a purse, do you just carry cash and licence in your back pocket? and cell phone? i know using a cedit card would be akwards so cash it has to be. What do you carry????  ??? I know this is basic stuff but i'm not sure
Be true to yourself, even if no one else will...
  •  

Hikari

Well I like this wallet when I am not wearing a handbag, male or female presentation:

But, it does fit a certain style of clothing only, but it does match my phone which usually goes in my pocket too:

Weirdly, all of my accessories are pink, but even out as a guy people really don't say much about it.

Now, with no handbag, or clutch or pockets, I am not sure what to do tbh, I have never found myself in that situation, but I have ventured out en femme close to home so far, so I never needed to carry much.
私は女の子 です!My Blog - Hikari's Transition Log http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/board,377.0.html
  •  

BillieTex

Be true to yourself, even if no one else will...
  •  

Lisbeth

If i really have to go without a purse, and I don't have pocket (which is normal), then I stick a few things in my bra.
"Anyone who attempts to play the 'real transsexual' card should be summarily dismissed, as they are merely engaging in name calling rather than serious debate."
--Julia Serano

http://juliaserano.blogspot.com/2011/09/transsexual-versus-transgender.html
  •  

Ann Onymous

rare was the instance that I was without a pocket even in the early days of life...of course, those were also the days of the brick phones, so no pocket was going to hold THAT.  Cash and credit cards (hey, I had plastic in MY name even in the 80's) went into the front pocket...

I'm not sure I have carried a purse since perhaps Reagan's second term...maybe Bush Sr's term.  In any event, a long effing time ago... 
  •  

apple pie

I still use the same VERY worn out Hello Kitty wallet that an uncle gave me for my birthday over 10 years ago, which is not girly in any way at all and looks rugged and tough instead :D but it suits me very well! If I am carrying nothing else, I put it in my pocket.

I have a pink LG phone too, but not because I got it myself. It's the phone that my dad originally bought for my mum, but she never used it and so gave it to me... I think a pink phone isn't particularly girly actually; I wouldn't even think it's unusual if I see a guy with a pink phone. Even my dad used a pink phone at one point. But add a girly phone strap and it would look girly.

I use my credit card as usual if I am just doing transactions where they just do a quick swipe of it, like at the supermarket, because they never actually look at the name on it and I'm not worried about it at all—no one cares what my name is, at least where I live! I still usually pay by cash, but if I happen to not have the cash then I don't hesitate to use the card.
  •  

tekla

I have one of those metal wallets they sell on TV (that's what it says on the package).  They come in 3 colors and will slip into just about anything and that gets me money, ID, Clipper - the electronic transit card, and a credit card (really, don't leave home ect. You never know...)  If I have to I'll skip the phone, mine is an old brick style (indestructible, had it for five years now)  - but I'm always, always, always, going to have some sort of something to hold most of it in.  I have one 'disco purse' on a long strap that can hold the metal wallet, a lighter,      but not the phone, but who needs a phone at a dance club?  I leave it in my coat at the coat check.  Anything else, bike messenger bag(I've got them in 3 different sizes), shoulder bag, my hippie fringe bag, fanny pack...something/anything could hold the phone too.
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

latingrl

I have a friend, she recommended using MILK.
M – Money
I  -   I.D.
L – Lipstick
K – Keys
And never forget you cell.
  •