Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

What do you do when you get clocked and laughed or stared at?

Started by AbraCadabra, August 05, 2011, 12:24:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

April_TO

Haha love it girl :)

Quote from: awilliams1701 on December 30, 2014, 12:48:33 PM
I'm already used to it. I've had long hair for about half my life. It was my first attempt at telling myself that hey you're really a girl. Unfortunately I didn't listen. I've gotten laughed at and pointed at as a result for a long time. However now that I'm out and full time, I've noticed people are a little more obvious about it. Oh well. I have a nice house and car what do you have?
Nothing ventured nothing gained
  •  

ShadowCharms

I have an unintentional reaction of glaring at people who stare at me. I have been trying to work on that. I've learned to remind myself that when people stare, the chances that they're thinking bad things about me are pretty low. People are like crows - they're attracted to shiny things. People stare at people who stand out; a lot of the time, they're staring because they're curious. People are staring because I'm interesting, not necessarily because they're judging me. I try to respond to staring with a friendly smile, because a lot of the time, people just want to know what's going on. Sometimes that person will come over and talk to me, and they turn out to be nice.

I guess I've dealt with more aggressive responses a few times, but it doesn't happen that often. If I think someone's going to try to corner me or something, I'l either get out as fast as I can, or go somewhere with a lot of people and wait for them to get bored and find another target.

If I overhear someone say something nasty about me, it can hurt. Sometimes I have to go somewhere and give myself time to recover. Sometimes I have the self confidence to just say something nice to myself to counter it, but not always. Sometimes all I can do is wait for myself to forget about it.
Just when the caterpillar thought its world was coming to an end, it became a butterfly.
- Proverb

•  

dahliasimone1981

I....glare back. I live in a small town in Kentucky, so I do tend to stick out. At this point, though, I am pretty used to it. I just tell myself 'girl, they are just staring because you are gorgeous'. Lol. Even if it isn't true, it helps.
  •  

dahliasimone1981

*sidenote* I'd rather deal with the glares and stares than ever show myself in public not dressed. Ever.
  •