Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Lipstick

Started by Cindy, August 05, 2011, 04:13:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cindy

How do you keep lipstick fresh all day?

As soon as I have a drink it all disappears to the cup, glass whatever.

I find this very frustrating, maybe not the major world problem but a problem, for me

Cindy
  •  

justmeinoz

Hi Cindy, good to see you up and about again.

Short of paying for one of the expensive long lasting ones or a lip paint, all I have come up with is to redo it.  Oh, and drink with a straw when possible.

Karen.
"Don't ask me, it was on fire when I lay down on it"
  •  

Cindy

Hi Sis

Still struggling, close to 15 days now, Geez this has blown me away. I'm managing to cook some dinner tonight. I've been on take away and stuff. I have never felt this bad. But I'm starting to get bored so I must be getting better.

How god are the long life lip sticks? I really do like lip stick but at $30 a pop I cannot try them all

Cindy
  •  

justmeinoz

Don't honestly know as I have never been able to face spending that much on a lippy either.
Karen.
"Don't ask me, it was on fire when I lay down on it"
  •  

V M

When women freshen up in the restroom, what is the first thing they do? retouch up the lips?
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Cindy

I'll be chastised for this,

Which ones?

Oh you crude bitch.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ::) ::) ::)

Cindy
  •  

N.Chaos

Cindy, what worked well enough for me was to dab it on, use it like more of a lip stain. Probably depends on what colors you're using too, though.
I can't remember which brand, but someone sold relatively cheap lip stain/gloss combos a few years ago. Around 5-6 bucks.
  •  

Dinky_Di

Yet to find a good long lasting lippy that is long lasting.  Maybe they mean if you only need to touch up 3 times a day instead of 4 it is 'long lasting'.  I like mine looking fresh all day, particularly at work, so I'm used to constantly touching up.  A girls life isn't easy..... ;D
  •  

V M

Quote from: Cindy James on August 05, 2011, 04:44:57 AM
I'll be chastised for this,

Which ones?

Oh you crude bitch.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ::) ::) ::)

Cindy
The one's that are used most I suppose  :laugh: >:-) :laugh:
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Cindy

•  

Lisbeth

Process for long lasting lipstick:

1. Apply lipstick to lips.
2. Apply face power from your compact on top.
3. Apply lipstick again.

This will improve the lasting power.
"Anyone who attempts to play the 'real transsexual' card should be summarily dismissed, as they are merely engaging in name calling rather than serious debate."
--Julia Serano

http://juliaserano.blogspot.com/2011/09/transsexual-versus-transgender.html
  •  

V M

Quote from: Cindy James on August 05, 2011, 05:17:08 AM
Evil Sis

Sorry, but yeah, lipstick has to be retouched throughout the day/night depending on when you wear it  :)

- V M
  •  

Marta

My favorite type of lipstick is matte lipstick, if u have never tried it matte lipstick is the kind that has no shine and looks kinda dry on the lips- depending on the brand u get it glides on pretty well and it's not drying, the brand i use is revlon matte which is discontinued in stores but u can still find it online. It's a lot cheaper than those mac brands and it still works nicely. It stays on for hours and it doesnt rub off on ur glass or anything like that  :laugh:
  •  

tekla

Revlon Colorstay Lip Color and Cover Girl Outlast All-Day Lip Color are really good at wearing all day, Max Factor Lipfinity can last for days almost.  Biggest problem with those brands is getting it off, not having to retouch it.

Still, because I taste it, lick it, rub my lips in it and all that it's the only cosmetic where I'm not using CoverGirl and/or Revlon stuff.  I swear by Lancome Color Design and Lancome L'Absolu Rouge.  They are not 'long lasting,' but they are really a couple of cuts above the Revlon/CoverGirl stuff.  And hey, I'm worth it.
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

V M

Has anyone gotten used to the flavor of lipstick? I've worn it once, and it was enough to make me almost gag.

Some lipsticks do taste pretty nasty, there are some I just won't use because of that... But there are other lipsticks that have hardly any taste at all... I've had pretty good luck with Clinique and a few others

- V M
  •  

LordKAT

Quote from: Beth Andrea on August 09, 2011, 01:04:40 AM
Has anyone gotten used to the flavor of lipstick? I've worn it once, and it was enough to make me almost gag.

fwiw, I like "chapstick" and similar...but the red pretty stuff is *yuck*.

What do you expect for something of fish scales?
  •  

AbraCadabra

Hi going through all the posts I didn't see the following advice.

"Before drinking from a glass or cup, give a area where your lips will be placed a quick surreptitious LICK, non-obvious to others.

The moisture of your spittle will prevent lipstick transferring from your lips the the drinking vessel.

Also I tried some permanent stuff and found it to be rally horrible, sort of gummy. Not for me thank you.

Next trick, learn to reapply without a mirror to make reapplication quick and less obvious.
It's NOT THAT tricky at all. BUT, if you use dark, or blood red, and such you better don't try that because it is far less forgiving for overpainting.

Lastly, what is wrong to congregate in the "powder room" with some other gals to reapply lippy? Always can have a littel chat --- I actually love it, going there in company :-)

Girly Girl with attitude,
Axelle
Some say: "Free sex ruins everything..."
  •