Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Getting the right shade as a guy

Started by yukana, August 06, 2011, 05:43:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yukana

I am more of a no makeup person preferring with just a fresh face (and less maintenance).
However, I have acne scars resulted from puberty and I want to (at least attempt to) cover them with makeup.
I cannot figure out the shade that matches me on my own so I am thinking of going into a store and have the girl (or guy) try to find a match for me.

The thing is, I do not really pass so I am thinking of going androgynous looking.
Will I get a lot of stares from the other customers passing by as a guy having (girl) makeup being done? From the makeup girl?
  •  

Tamaki

I've done it in guy mode and nobody cares. I was more uncomfortable than anyone in the store. Just tell them you need help hiding the acne scars and they will be happy to help.
  •  

Cindy

I went to a beauticians that had previously shaped my eyebrows and they gave me a complete make over on one side of the face and helped me copy it on the other. Picked my colours etc. They were great and very positive and helpful.

Our fear is often the problem, professionals are just that. Professionals looking for customers. It is pretty obvious that the place I go to gets my money for waxing, shaping anything.

Cindy 
  •  

yukana

Most of my fear I supposed would be from other customers as I do not blend well.
I know several people who sell cosmetics for years in a department store and how that works.
Being professional, helpful, understanding is essential in selling anything, especially in building a repeating customer base.

Customer wise, I have seen a wide spectrum of people with different backgrounds and views and it was kind of scary working with them sometimes.
I guess I'll try early opening hours to avoid the "traffic".
  •  

Janet_Girl

Pish-posh.  As far as I am aware of it is still legal to buy most thinks.  But it is illegal to harass people.  So screw the other customers.  Your money is just a green as theirs.
  •