Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Chick-Lit

Started by AbraCadabra, August 10, 2011, 08:06:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AbraCadabra

Not really a bookish person, though ask my ex(s) they would disagree.

I have discovered that I like Chick-Lit, better then TV by far, at least it's easier to close the book then channel surfing to find anything worth watching. ."... 56 channels and a nothing on", by B.S. --- nooo, I mean Bruce Springsteen.

So, anyone want to chip in and give me some good titles and authors? But PLEASE hold off on the Brontë sisters, J. Austen and then some. Did loads on these Victorian writers, enough is enough, considered good as they are. And SOME REALLY are :-)

I will try to get "Orlando" by Virginia Wolf. I have one or two books of her's, tried them pre-transition and they didn't connect. Kinda heavy this girl, she was.
No wonder she jumped in the river and never bothered to surface.
Could say more but let's just keep it there - lest you bored already.

Thanks,
Axelle
Some say: "Free sex ruins everything..."
  •  

BunnyBee

Two really good ones from this summer were The Help, Kathryn Stockett and The Kitchen House: A Novel, Kathleen Grissom.  Both are a little bit of white women writing about black women, but I think both authors do a fair job of at least trying to understand their characters, and they def do care about them and give them plenty of believability, I think.  The Help was my favorite book in years.
  •  

tekla

Margaret Atwood's The Handmaidens Tale.
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •