Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

1-1/2 Hours Electrolysis On The Upper Lip!

Started by Julie Marie, February 15, 2007, 01:46:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Julie Marie

OK, so I missed the last two sessions and that stupid dark mask was getting harder to hide.  So I told her, "Upper lip first!"

Kinda makes me think about the whole stiff upper lip thing.  Problem is..........well we'll get to that later.

When I'm subjecting myself to having electrical current injected into the most sensitive parts of my face I find myself a wee bit talkative.  It seems if I'm a blabbermouth, I don't think about the pain.  And it works.  So I'm chattering like a buzzsaw.

As I feel her working the upper lip, I know where she's been, it's the part that's numb.  She cleared the right side.  Whew! 

Then she started at the outside of the left side. Yeah it hurt but all I could think was ... you know! 

So as she's working toward the middle the timer sounds.  Usually I'm relieved the session is over but this time I know there's still more to treat.  I can feel where she missed!  There's still more horrible hairs that will possess and haunt me (ok, it seemed that way). 

Well, she knows me and she asks, "Do you want me to continue?"  "OMG, YES!"  It's a no brainer.  30 more minutes and when that timer sounds I'm thinking it's still too soon.

First time I did 90 minutes.  First time I went past 45 on the upper lip.  Last time I'll skip a session. (Sure!)

Anyone who has had electrolysis will tell you the upper lip hurts like hell, especially the under the nose.  But when I was putting on makeup and I couldn't hide the shadow..... geez this seems like a blessing.

Until the swelling goes down, if anyone needs a stand in for a duck I'm available.  QUACK!

Julie
When you judge others, you do not define them, you define yourself.
  •  

Cindi Jones

Quack! 

Have you had your entire face cleared now Julie?  It's an amazing time when your face is clear and you only have the electro to face with no more shaving.

Cindi
Author of Squirrel Cage
  •  

Steph

Electro... the worsed punishment ever devised.  I hate every second of it :(

Steph
  •  

Julie Marie

Quote from: Cindi Jones on February 15, 2007, 03:34:10 AM
Quack! 

Have you had your entire face cleared now Julie?  It's an amazing time when your face is clear and you only have the electro to face with no more shaving.

Cindi

Oh how I wish!  I'd guess I'm about 1/4 to 1/3 done right now.  She's been working on the dark hairs mostly but has gotten some old foagie hairs (white) too.  When the day comes I no longer have to put that razor to my face I think I'll sing to the heavens!

Quote from: Steph on February 15, 2007, 04:43:26 AM
Electro... the worsed punishment ever devised.  I hate every second of it :(

Steph

Steph, I can't tell you how many times I've thought the same thing!

This morning I woke up and I swear my upper lip is bigger than yesterday.  I was going to go out and get my nails done but there's no way I'm leaving the house today.  Maybe I'll find a full face ski mask but I'll bet you could still tell.  If I find it I'll stay away from banks. 

"Hey lady!  The chaw is supposed to be under your lower lip, not your upper lip!"

The torture we endure!

Julie
  •  

passiflora

definently the worst part of transtion, and the awful thing is it really never ends, I still go about every
4- 6 months to get stubborn little mostly white pesky hairs out around the mouth, and it seems that under the chin is always a problem, I can't really see them, but I can feel them and it drives me crazy.

-pass-
  •  

Brianna

Mazel Tov. I had 6 sessions of laser, and I've had a few of electro and genital electro. It's not fun, but I find my skills as a marathoner help. You just focus, and know you're going to get through it.

Fabu job!

Brilala
  •  

Kate

Quote from: Julie Marie on February 15, 2007, 09:52:38 AM
This morning I woke up and I swear my upper lip is bigger than yesterday...

I was gonna ask how bad the swelling was. Ice helps... a little. I did a marathon session of the upper lip once, and it swelled up like a balloon. Try explaining THAT one to your coworkers (years ago). The fattier the area, the more it seems to swell. Cheeks were fine, but the upper lip... yikes. It took a couple days for mine to go down.

But hey! They're GONE, right? Yay!

Kate
  •  

Julie Marie

Quote from: Brianna on February 15, 2007, 10:20:50 AM
I find my skills as a marathoner help. You just focus, and know you're going to get through it.

Brilala

The first thing that came to my mind when I real marathoner was Marathon Man - Dustin Hoffman and the dentist.  Yikes!

Julie
  •  

Hazumu

I think I achieved first clearing (all old hairs finally removed, and nothing worth going after (yet) left,) after 1-1/2 hours of a 2-hour session.  I remember, 'cause it STILL hurts when Lisa goes back there.

But most of the hairs treated will NEVER come back!!!

Go Julie!  :icon_woowoo:

Karen
  •  

Sandy

I was chiding her about being so macho about having her hairs removed.  Only transsexuals would boast about that!

The swelling is going down, but she still quacks a bit and is still a little red.  But she does look good.  If she does it again around Christmas time though, we could have a new song... "Julie, the Red Lipped Reindeer!"

Nah...

-Sandy(not jealous about that at all!)
Out of the darkness, into the light.
Following my bliss.
I am complete...
  •  

Buffy

No gain without pain...

Top lips are very painful, I could only manage 1/2hour out of a hour (or two hour session).

Definitely worth it.... Haven't shaved in 4 years now.

Buffy
  •  

Julie Marie

Quote from: Buffy on February 16, 2007, 12:36:14 AM
No gain without pain...

Top lips are very painful, I could only manage 1/2hour out of a hour (or two hour session).

Buffy

What surprised me was the pain really wasn't that bad.  Even when she did the ones directly under the nose I could tolerate it.  I've heard it said that when you're well rested the pain is more tolerable, that's why I chose an early appointment.  And I think it really made a difference.  The previous two sessions were unbearable!  Both were late afternoon, after work, and I was so tired I was doing head bobs while driving there.

Well rested, Topicaine one hour before and Z-Caine immediately before.  That worked pretty good.  But the swelling?  Time heals all wounds..... QUACK!

Julie
  •  

Melissa-kitty

and I thought that it was "time wounds all heels!"
My time is coming soon!
  •  

Hazumu

Ten minutes...

Tonight's session we could only spend ten minutes on the upper lip before the field was clear and we had to move on to other areas.  And the last time we visited the upper lip was two weeks ago.

You do make it, eventually

Karen
  •  

Cindi Jones

I remember my first marathon session.  My plan was to completely do my face and then every time I would go back, I would have it completely done again.  It was insanely expensive and horrifyingly painful.

But back to the first session.  I had a dentist shoot my face up with pain killers and my operator, did my upper lip.  It took all of one afternoon and into the evening.  The entire "session" was 2 and a half days.  I had a long weekend to recover but even on Monday, I still couldn't close my lips the swelling was soo bad.  I told my coworkers that it was an allergy.  They seemed to accept that.

After that, I went in every week and had my face completely cleared no matter how long it took.  I never had to shave again.  And it was worth every bit of pain that I suffered.  I would do it all again if I had to so that I could live my life with some peace.

Cindi
Author of Squirrel Cage
  •  

Lisa CPE

I too have had electrolysis on my upper lip, but I must admit that was not anything like Karen has gone through.  :o Just keep focusing on the positive and the reason why you are doing this.  :eusa_dance: Even though it is not pleasant, we try our best to make it tolerable.
  •  

Danielle_oc_ca

I had a one hour session last night to nail the ones on my upper lip that came back. That after a session 2 weeks ago. I used a prescription pain killer, a good dose of lanacaine and some ora-gel on the inside of the upper lip. It took the edge off but that's about it. The worst ones are the ones right under your nostrils. They are not the most painful but almost and you want to sneeze when they are being done.

Danielle
  •