Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

A Bi-gender world...

Started by Anatta, August 25, 2011, 01:29:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abstract

Quote from: Zenda on August 25, 2011, 01:29:05 AM
Kia Ora,

::)  At one time or other we have all struggled with  the bug-bear of trans-people "Gender Identity" ...

Common outcomes = Depression, Family break-ups, Job loses, Rejection, Ridicule, Suicides...

::) So, if you could wave a magic wand and make everybody "bi-gendered" ...would you ?

Metta Zenda :)
Everybody already is bi-gendered...they just don't realize it.
"There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance." -Socrates
"Nature herself has imprinted on the minds of all the idea of God." -Cicero
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain an idea without necessarily believing it." -Aristotle
  •  

xXRebeccaXx

Quote from: Abstract on October 02, 2011, 11:10:00 AM
Everybody already is bi-gendered...they just don't realize it.

Please, elaborate.
Even in death, may I be triumphant.
  •  

mimpi

It's a continuum from Male to Female, all of us are somewhere along that line:

M---------------------------------------x-------------F  (for example)
  •  

Abstract

Quote from: xxScarlettxx on October 08, 2011, 03:25:55 PM
Please, elaborate.
I honestly don't know how serious I was being...

Yet I must wonder if gender preference is conditioned into us by society and/or by our genetic environment to some degree... such that given a different past (such that genetic tendencies didn't arise) and different current culture... most people would be bi-sexual... and would not associate with being particularly feminine or masculine...IDK
"There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance." -Socrates
"Nature herself has imprinted on the minds of all the idea of God." -Cicero
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain an idea without necessarily believing it." -Aristotle
  •  

fionabell

no. I like true diversity. I like male and female differences and roles.

But I'm foolish to like it because nature has made 2 genders to make life more competitive for us. Males have to compete with other males. Females have to compare with other females.  :-\
  •  

Zaria

I would be happy if people weren't so damned ignorant! :o 

An understanding and accepting world would be preferable to any other options.  I like the fact that there is diversity.  Different 'roles' for different people :)

Hugs
Zaria
Then the beautiful eyes of the fair woman open and look love, and the voluptuous mouth present to a kiss – and man is weak.
  •  

espo

While an androgynous person retains the same gender-typed behaviour across situations, the bigendered person consciously or unconsciously changes their gender-role behaviour from primarily masculine to primarily feminine, or vice versa.
It is worth noting that this concept emerged from within the transgender community itself, rather than being adopted after it was created by another sub-culture (for example, transsexual was defined first by the mental health community).

Because bigender is still a self-applied label, it is not possible to give a definitive outline of the typical bigendered person. Any description of a bigendered person is just an example of what someone who identifies as bigender might be like. Although there are patterns, the only firm characteristic is the sense of dual gender.
From the Wiki link Zenda gave

After reading the above bit carefully, I think there is a little bit of "I don't want to be called androgyne so I will make a new name and call it bigender".   I dont agree with the simplistic definition of androgyne as its listed above either.
  •