Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

High Stress

Started by A, August 26, 2011, 01:10:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A

For days, I wasn't able to visit the forum's "Show new replies to your posts" because the server is "currently under high stress". I've always had this once in a while, but it would always go away after just a few hours. It's permanent now. It's annoying, because the very high traffic on the forum more or less "forces" me to use this function as my main way of following it (I normally just read everything, but that's not possible on Susans).

Do you have informations on this problem? Will it be fixed soon?
A's Transition Journal
Last update: June 11th, 2012
No more updates
  •  

JungianZoe

There are a few threads about this and I know it's super annoying (can't browse the forum in the usual way I browse the forum).  But still no clue what's going on. :(
  •  

Cindi Jones

I tried to change my avatar today. I do that from time to time..... I was not able to do so. I wonder if anyone else is having that problem?
Author of Squirrel Cage
  •  

A

Sorry about making yet another thread about the same matter, but this forum is way too huge for searching. :<

As for the reason, maybe the dedicated server is just too weak, or needs to be rebooted. Normally, a forum shouldn't be that much of a burden, but this one here is insanely popular. In any case, it's not impossible that renting a better server is the only option.
A's Transition Journal
No more updates
  •  

JungianZoe

Quote from: A on August 26, 2011, 02:15:32 PM
Sorry about making yet another thread about the same matter, but this forum is way too huge for searching. :<

And you can't do a search right now because of server stress. :laugh:

Didn't know about the inability to change an avatar though!  Geesh... wish I had better answers here, but I'm not much of a tech person.  I understand it if I study it, but I've never really studied it.
  •  

A

Maybe the administrators will come up with an idea.
A's Transition Journal
No more updates
  •  

JungianZoe

Quote from: A on August 26, 2011, 03:05:46 PM
Maybe the administrators will come up with an idea.

I assure you they know about it now.  Just busy lives at the moment. :laugh:  Please be patient and the problem will be resolved!
  •