Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

CORPSE BRIDE!

Started by djwunderllama, September 23, 2005, 01:09:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

djwunderllama

I love Tim Burton, and Johnny Depp. I loved Nightmare Before Christmas and always hoped for a sequel and I guess this is as close as it gets.....  WITH JOHNNY DEPP! One thing I hope is different from the commercial previews on network TV however is the soundtrack. It seems that they only have clips of sound from Nightmare Before Christmas slightly re-hashed... I hope Danny Elfman does it again and produces an enchanting soundtrack that is still interesting and exciting even without the movie playing.

-Dirk
  •  

Susan

Quote from: djwunderllama on September 23, 2005, 01:09:01 AM
I love Tim Burton, and Johnny Depp. I loved Nightmare Before Christmas and always hoped for a sequel and I guess this is as close as it gets.....  WITH JOHNNY DEPP! One thing I hope is different from the commercial previews on network TV however is the soundtrack. It seems that they only have clips of sound from Nightmare Before Christmas slightly re-hashed... I hope Danny Elfman does it again and produces an enchanting soundtrack that is still interesting and exciting even without the movie playing.

-Dirk

If you have itunes you can preview or even download the soundtrack. It's already available.
Susan Larson
Founder
Susan's Place Transgender Resources

Help support this website and our community by Donating or Subscribing!
  •  

djwunderllama

I've now seen the movie twice. It is awesome. Way better than Nightmare Before XMAS....  But the music wasn't as good :( can't have everything I guess :).

-Dirk
  •  

Vanessa V.

I give Corpse Bride a thumbs up, sure...

I was really hoping it would be a Nightmare Before Christmas cross-over, but alas...

Elfman did well with the soundtracks, and the animation was indeed very good as usual...

To me, it wasn't as good as Nightmare, but it certainly wasn't bad... :)
  •  

tinkerbell

I loved this movie.  I totally agree with the irony of the movie.  The world of the living is supposed to be a world of happiness, light, color, laughter; most of the time, however, our lives are emptier, more meaningless as a result of our own standards.

tinkerbell :icon_chick:
  •  

wolfie

We loved this movie too, but the music was definately not as good as Nightmare Before Christmas!

Amy loved the vows from it and is seriously considering taking one of the lines to use in her vows. I think it's kind of cool! Burton is a genius!

Tino
  •