Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Does anybody can food ?

Started by Amazon D, September 02, 2011, 01:02:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amazon D

I have a big garden and i have been canning cases of salsa made with bell peppers roma tomato's and onions and someimes some zuchinni or yellow squash all diced up small with lots of cayene pepper. Today i made one batch of 6 jars using just my 4 types of hot peppers (serano , cayene , habenaro, and chili) and onions and roma tomato's I had to use throw away rubber gloves just to handle them and still my hands got heat thru to them.

I also have canned pickles both cut and strips in a strong vinegar mixture with herbs and garlic.

I also canned yellow banana peppers and i canned mixed veggies with peppers, cucumbers, carrots, string beans and rutbagees in a vinegar mixture. I love the string beans that way especially with a hot dog lunch.
I'm an Amazon womyn + very butch + respecting MWMF since 1999 unless invited. + I AM A HIPPIE

•  

Joelene9

This year I've canned tomatoes, tomato sauce, cucumber dill pickles, cucumber dill and sweet relishes, sweet cherry peppers and little green tomato dill pickles.  Corn and lima beans frozen.  Coming up still; pickled beets, tomato juice, more tomato sauce, more lima beans, pickled and dried peppers, spices and Concord grape jelly. 
  Joelene
  •  

Janet_Girl

I have canned in the past.  Tomato sauce, whole tomatoes, corn, assorted beans and peas, even some meats.  Raspberries, blueberries, and tomato preserves.

I also have made beer and wine.  I don't any more because I don't have the room to store or a proper kitchen to work in.
  •  

Devlyn

I want to, I've never tried it though. I need to work on a better garden so there is enough extra food to put up. I didn't do well this year.
  •  

Amazon D

Yesterday i canned 6 quarts of pickled banana peppers
I'm an Amazon womyn + very butch + respecting MWMF since 1999 unless invited. + I AM A HIPPIE

•