Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Any italian citizen who changed gender legally?

Started by missF, September 19, 2011, 12:25:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

missF

Hi,

I'd like to know how to apply the law 164/82 to change name and gender in Italy. I know I need an attorney there for that (which I have), however, she is not experienced with this matter (she was recommended to me by the Italian embassy in Helsinki, Finland, where I live because she is a finnish lawyer who lives and works in Italy).

Like I said, since apparently this is not her field, she is also relatively lost and seems she doesn't want to search hard for information (she wants me to contact italian associations, to provide their addresses and numbers when she is much closer to them than me).

What I want to know is there's anyone here who has been through this process? How did you start? Does take long? Was the costs too expensive? I have dual citizenship, brazilian and italian, and I'm trying to change documents 1st in Italy since apparently the process there is more transparent (and also because I am registered in the finnish system as italian...). Does the fact my birth certificate is brazilian (and not yet changed) would influence on anything?

The embassy can't really provide much help, been there several times...

thanks!!

Flavia
http://www.youtube.com/user/sweeetFlav

If you never changed your opinion in the last 5 years check your pulse. You might be dead
  •