Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

AMC casts transgender actors, including Jennifer Boylan

Started by Kate, February 22, 2007, 08:39:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kate

AMC casts transgender actors, including Jennifer Boylan

In the episode to air March 9, Zoe, played by Jeffery Carlson, will visit a support group to help with her transition. Jennifer Boylan, a transgender author, was cast as the support group leader. During the support group scenes, the cast will speak unscripted dialogue about their experiences as transgender men and women.

Kate
  •  

Brianna

I love Jenny Boylan! Yay! Her book, "She's not there" helped me transition greatly!

She is pretty too.

Bri
  •  

Julie Marie

"unscripted dialogue"?  Now that's amazing!  That says a lot about them wanting to portray us as we really are.  What a great thing this is!

Julie
When you judge others, you do not define them, you define yourself.
  •  

Kate

Quote from: Julie Marie on February 22, 2007, 10:32:24 AM
"unscripted dialogue"?  Now that's amazing!  That says a lot about them wanting to portray us as we really are.  What a great thing this is!

It sure is!

A great storyline gets even BETTER ;)

I can't wait for saturday to catch up on the week (SOAP Net reruns the week's episodes). It's been terribly depressing lately though (funerals), with not as much attention paid to Zoe.

Kate
  •  

Shana A

I don't have TV, but a link to that section of the episode was posted on another list today. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ouiep0IPSj8&mode=related&search= Jenny and the other actors/actresses did a wonderful job of sensitively portraying transgender people to the general public.

zythyra
"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

•  

BeverlyAnn

I had the great pleasure of hearing Jenny Boylan speak in Atlanta last fall.  If anyone would like to read the text of her speech, let me know and I'll direct you to it.  There's no actual link I can post as it's .pdf on a website.

Bev
  •