Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

A credit card for my altera ego

Started by jazzie, September 22, 2011, 07:26:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jazzie

When I go out as Michayla, or want to buy something online as her, I'd like to have a credit card with her name on it. However, my CC issuer won't make a card for an alias.
So, what is a girl to do?

Is there some financial institution that will do this? Note that I live in the US.

**UPDATE -- 6 Jan 12**
After researching 'Michayla', I decided that it would be wise to change my name.
  •  

Susan Dundee

In my dual role days I applied for an authorised user card in my female name.  Card issuer never asked any questions.  :angel:

I live in the UK.

Hugs

Susan
  •  

Sarah Louise

I already had a card with one company, I asked for a second card to be added for  Sarah.  They did it with no questions.
Nameless here for evermore!;  Merely this, and nothing more;
Tis the wind and nothing more!;  Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore!!"
  •  

I_am_Toni_Lynn

Take it from someone who works in the banking biz, this is problematic if you are in the USA, or, if not, ever intend to use said alter-ego card there.

As a part of the Patriot Act and various 'know your customer' regulations, getting a credit card in an alternate name may not be possible or open you to intense scrutiny that will result in a denial as well as potential closure of the existing account. We don't like it when people do things like this  :eusa_naughty:

If your femme name has the same first initial as your boy name, try that

Huggles

Toni-Lynn
  •  

amanda barber

I went that route for awhile. You add a card to the account and the primary card holder is still responsible for the whole account.
Eventually though some transaction will require ID, which makes the whole exercise pointless.

It took me a long time to realize that as time went on and the name was creeping into banking or other documents,I just needed to legally change my name and get it over with.
  •  

Gingertrap

I am MtF and I am yet to legally change my name.

I applied for a credit card using my female name and have had no problems whatsoever.
http://gingertrap.com/ ~ My transition blog.
  •  

Kimberley

He applied for a second card for Kimberly. Best part is that he is responsible for the payments as the primary card holder. She doesnt abuse her privilege though.
  •  

Jen-Jen

Your alias/femme name will be on your credit report! Just saying!
Don't judge a book by its cover! My lifes been like a country song! True love, amazing grace, severe heartbreak, buckles, boots n spurs! I 've been thrown off the bull a couple times, I keep getting up and dusting myself off! Can't give up on my happily ever after!
  •  

Kristyn74

Maybe you ould pay for a business name, call it  Michayla Dentovy.Then the name on the card would be the same. sign it any way you want on the back.
  •