Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Where are you in your family?

Started by BeverlyAnn, February 24, 2007, 10:50:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Among your siblings are you the oldest, youngest or somewhere in the middle.

I'm the youngest
39 (48.1%)
I'm in the middle
21 (25.9%)
I'm the youngest
21 (25.9%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Cindi Jones

I am the eldest and still the oldest ;)

Cindi
Author of Squirrel Cage
  •  

Lucy

Sorry but im the middle of 3 boys born in my family.

Guess I dont fit the bill.
  •  

Tak

I grew up in an overprotective environment. In other words, I'm the youngest. ;]
  •  

RebeccaUK

Youngest. One brother older by twelve years.
  •  

BeverlyAnn

Well right now with 25 people voting, we are running about 50/50.  And although for research purposes, that's much to small a group to be statistically accurate, it does seem to shoot down the theory that I read.  I'll leave the poll open a while just so we can see what happens.

Bev
  •  

Suzy

Quote from: Lucy on February 26, 2007, 06:57:15 AM
Sorry but im the middle of 3 boys born in my family.

Guess I dont fit the bill.

Exactly my situation.  One older and one younger brother.

Kristi
  •  

Cindi Jones

I am the eldest amongst my siblings and last time I checked, I was still the oldest. ;)

Cindi
Author of Squirrel Cage
  •  

Shana A

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

•  

Melissa

Quote from: Cindi Jones on February 27, 2007, 01:11:51 AM
I am the eldest amongst my siblings and last time I checked, I was still the oldest. ;)
Yeah, I get it.  People are using "oldest" in the wrong context where "eldest" would be the appropriate word.

Melissa
  •  

Bracha

•  

rhonda13000

Quote from: BeverlyAnn on February 24, 2007, 10:50:33 AM
I seem to remember reading somewhere that TG people tend to be the oldest child in their family and with many of my friends, this seems to be true.  I'm just wondering how that theory holds up here at Susan's.
Obviously if you are an only child, check oldest.

And yes, I'm the oldest in my family.

Bev

•  

Nero

Nero was the Forum Admin here at Susan's Place for several years up to the time of his death.
  •  

Laurry

I was the first child born to my parents, and unless something has changed lately, my little sister is still not as old as I am.

My Mom had 4 miscarriages before I managed to make it, so I could have been a middle child.   :angel:

....Laurry
Ya put your right foot in.  You put your right foot out.  You put your right foot in and you shake it all about.  You do the Andro-gyney and you turn yourself around.  That's what it's all about.
  •  

Hypatia

How interesting. I hadn't known about this. Sure enough, I'm the oldest of 5.

For me, being the oldest was always tied to being different, a misfit, the weird one, the black sheep--I've always lived an offbeat existence, knowing that something undefined was really different about me... In fact, now that I've realized just what is the source of my difference from others, I might have hope of living as a normal woman for a change, instead of an abnormal man. The allure of becoming absorbed into conventional womanhood is very strong. I'm tired of always being the freak.
Here's what I find about compromise--
don't do it if it hurts inside,
'cause either way you're screwed,
eventually you'll find
you may as well feel good;
you may as well have some pride

--Indigo Girls
  •  

sarahb

I'm the youngest of 6. But it's an interesting situation. Me and my closest brother (in age) have the same mom and dad, my two older sisters have the same mom but a different dad, and my other two older brothers have the same dad and different mom. Hmmmm....does that skew the statistics :P

Sarah
  •  

Gray Seraph

I'm the oldest, but I'm only older than my sister by about 5 minutes, so it doesn't really count. Her being born a girl was always a cause of jealousy for me though as I got older. Just wish I wasn't so mean to her in the past because of it.

~Marciel
  •  

Tay

Eldest of 6.  Age range from 20 to 5.
  •  

Christo

•  

R3i

im the youngest, middle, oldest and only child
(yes its complicated =\ )
  •  

Shang

I'm the oldest.

(And it must be my computer because all I see are two options for "youngest" and one for "middle". ???)
  •