Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

What job/occupation do you do?

Started by Mahsa Tezani, October 03, 2011, 11:27:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linde

Funny human pathogens never become obsolete.  And those microorganism can still be identified by gram staining, nothing has changed at all!
All the young kids in the labs are still working on the same microorganism I did a felt century ago!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

Colleen_definitely

Why gram stain when you can do genotype barcoding?

Other than the astronomical cost.
As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars...
  •  

Linde

Quote from: Colleen_definitely on May 22, 2019, 03:09:40 PM
Why gram stain when you can do genotype barcoding?

Other than the astronomical cost.
Gram staining is pretty easy and fast, and all lab techs can do it very well!  And, wonder over wonder, it still works well!

•  

warmbody28

Im a RN but desperately trying to get into engineering. (im in school for electrical engineering)
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: warmbody28 on May 22, 2019, 04:53:51 PM
Im a RN but desperately trying to get into engineering. (im in school for electrical engineering)
@warmbody28
I am most interested in what is your thought process in desiring to do such a drastic change in career paths?

Both career paths have great employment opportunities, but i am thinking that no matter where you live, no matter how big or small the city, there is and will be a burgeoning demand for health care professionals... however if electrical engineering is your passion and interest then by all means, what are you waiting for!!!

Best of luck to you and best wishes,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Linde

Quote from: warmbody28 on May 22, 2019, 04:53:51 PM
I have a electrical engineering degree (specialized in data transmission), and that brought me into the medical field.
I went back to school and did biomedical sciences!
Electrical engineering can be a lot of fun!

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Linde on May 22, 2019, 05:03:37 PM
I have a electrical engineering degree (specialized in data transmission), and that brought me into the medical field.
I went back to school and did biomedical sciences!
Electrical engineering can be a lot of fun!

@Linde:
Dear Linde:
Fun, passion and interest... and if you can make a living at it, more power to you!!!!   
Great advice for anyone trying to figure out their employment path.
Hugs,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Sonja

Quote from: Haley Conner on May 22, 2019, 09:51:53 AM
@Danielle There definitely seem to be some occupational trends here!  I also get the impression that a high percentage of forum members are well above average intelligence-wise.
@Alaskan Danielle
Hey Danielle, I've been collating the last few months in my head so I can write you a long letter, its coming I promise  xo.

@Haley Conner
There is a girl katie Byrne who doesn't come onto Susans.org much anymore- but she has and is heavily involved in the 3d graphics scene. So much so I saw her name pop up on a whole bunch of youtube vids about advanced space concepts - that was a nice surprise.

Take care,

Sonja
  •  

warmbody28

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on May 22, 2019, 05:00:55 PM
@warmbody28
I am most interested in what is your thought process in desiring to do such a drastic change in career paths?

Both career paths have great employment opportunities, but i am thinking that no matter where you live, no matter how big or small the city, there is and will be a burgeoning demand for health care professionals... however if electrical engineering is your passion and interest then by all means, what are you waiting for!!!

Best of luck to you and best wishes,
Danielle

Its a good question. If you are a RN depending on what you do the pay cap is hit kind of fast. the treatment on the job isnt that good. we are sometimes assaulted, ive know a few nurses that have been stabbed by patients. two who have taken a bullet (both survived). Plus they are always cutting our resources and expecting us to pick up the slack while giving us more work each year. I love nursing but hate what the business people have done to it. Plus it would be nice to not work most of the holidays and not have so much mandatory overtime. I always wanted to go into electrical engineering but thought nursing would be easier. So Far im enjoying classes and internships. Also electrical engineering qualifies me for some jobs I would like to do in other countries. My daughter and I would like to immigrate to another country if we are lucky enough to.
  •  

Julia1996

Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

LordKAT

None anymore, fired due to medical issues so now stuck home.
  •  

Kylo

I'm still full time sculpting, about to branch out into web comics. Gathering an audience first.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
  •  

CallMeV

I work in IT. Basically at the help desk for a software company

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

•  

Megan.

Software engineer and architect. I can do 'full-stack',  from installing a network and server, building databases, applications and websites.
I've worked in many industries (construction, nuclear, water, education, finance ecommerce) most recently pharma, IT is IT!
I currently work with emerging tech like Blockchain for my multinational employer.

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

•  

Kate.claire

Lab management in biotech, but no idea what I'm going to do with myself after transition. Soft retire to something less stressful, hopefully.
Kate Carter

"I'm on outside, I'm on the outside now"

•  

Linde

Retired medical researcher in biomedical sciences .

•  

Julia1996

Wow. Bioengineering , software designer, sculpting . I feel stupid now. I need some water. Wait...how do you make water again???🤪
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Faith

Quote from: Julia1996 on May 31, 2019, 12:17:48 PM
Wow. Bioengineering , software designer, sculpting . I feel stupid now. I need some water. Wait...how do you make water again???

disclaimer: external links may disappear at any time if they are blocked or removed .. or if they dry up.
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

Julia1996

Quote from: Faith on May 31, 2019, 12:36:44 PM

disclaimer: external links may disappear at any time if they are blocked or removed .. or if they dry up.

Hilarious! 😂  I can be clever sometimes though. I hate having to boil water everytime I make pasta. So one day I boiled 4 pots of water and then froze it. Next time I make pasta the water will already be boiled. 👩‍🎓👩‍🎓👩‍🎓
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Faith

Quote from: Julia1996 on May 31, 2019, 12:40:57 PM
Hilarious! 😂  I can be clever sometimes though. I hate having to boil water everytime I make pasta. So one day I boiled 4 pots of water and then froze it. Next time I make pasta the water will already be boiled. 👩‍🎓👩‍🎓👩‍🎓

what a time saver ;D
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•