Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Kitties, I don't know what to think about this video.

Started by tinkerbell, February 27, 2007, 08:16:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cindi Jones

For all of you commiting crimes and murders... for everyone else knows that this is what you do.  Turn yourselves in.  Make society safe.

Cindi
Author of Squirrel Cage
  •  

Kate

OMG... how lovely.

And yet, I don't know the full context of this situation? Yes, that last line about how crimes and murder is what TGs do is horrible, but I'm wondering if it wasn't meant against TGs as a group... but moreso a description of the crime in that particular area?

I dunno.. I just don't want to believe a police officer could be THAT ignorant :(

Kate
  •  

Susan

I agree with the last line of the video about shutting down Fox news... I disagree with prostitution of any kind. I strongly object to the cops using this transgender person as an object lesson to the John. That being said I will try not to judge the actions of the transgender person in the video as I am not in their shoes or the position she finds herself in.
Susan Larson
Founder
Susan's Place Transgender Resources

Help support this website and our community by Donating or Subscribing!
  •  

Suzy

This is just wrong.  Everything about it stinks.

Kristi
  •  

LynnER

I have nothing more to say on the matter.
  •  

Brianna

•  

katia

the usual,.. just poor, lost individuals who have been victimized by others and a police force that really [doesn't give] a damn about people.
  •  

Dennis

The cop says to the bio guy "they (trans people) commit murders"???? Give me a break. They're killing us. We're not killing them.

Dennis
  •  

Steph

I have to agree Dennis.  This is not about the trans person it's about that statements the police made to the john sitting in the car, that those in the trans community should be feared as we are some how criminals, that's the scary part.  And even scarier is that fact that a video such as this is on the web for everyone to see and for possibly everyone to come to the same conclusion as the police officer.

Steph
  •  

Melissa

Quote from: Steph on February 28, 2007, 03:37:40 AM
And even scarier is that fact that a video such as this is on the web for everyone to see and for possibly everyone to come to the same conclusion as the police officer.
Not with the embedded commentary.  I find this awful to be called a murderer and even the fact that she was saying a transsexual is really a "man" who dresses up for the purpose of "deceit".

Melissa
  •  

Cindi Jones

I think that most pony girls are pretty up front with what their customers will be paying for.  There is a  high demand for those services.
Author of Squirrel Cage
  •  

BeverlyAnn

You know the ironic part of this is that I know someone, FtM, who transitioned while with the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Department.  Of course his fellow officers and superiors eventually hounded him out of the department.  Let's face it, law enforcement officers, for all the good they do, are not exactly a bastion of liberalism.  I know, I have a brother who is a deputy sheriff in another state.

Quote from: Susan on February 27, 2007, 09:14:52 PM
That being said I will try not to judge the actions of the transgender person in the video as I am not in their shoes or the position she finds herself in.

In another thread, someone made the statement, "If you are TS you will do anything to reach your goal.  Sell your stuff, adjust your lifestyle, move to cheaper accommodation, cash in bonds, life insurance etc find more work."  It's an unfortunate fact that for some, due to lack of education or other circumstances, prostitution is about the only avenue to reach that goal.

Bev
  •  

Cindi Jones

Spot on Bev.  It happens much more than most of us realize.  For every one of us here who have the resources and knowledge to participate on the internet, there are 100 pony girls.

Cindi
Author of Squirrel Cage
  •  

Brooke_NY

I woulda asked the female officer "so when did you start transitioning? Looks like you're almost done."

I hate cops like that bitch. Not only is this vid bad for the Tg community, it's bad for community relations with cops. I know some retired cops who are desperately trying to restore the relationship between civilians and cops. There has become a big divide.

Also, cops are trained to feel superior to you. They are the 51% cop, you are the 49% civilian, and they take that seriously. This part of thier training needs to stop. This kind of training is what leads to so many escalations of minor incidences. Had she stood up for her rights, I have little doubt that this would have ended as 'peacefully' as it did. Who the hell is that fake cop bitch to go searching thru her purse and ask her questions like 'when did you start dressing?!' The EGO training needs to end.
  •  

Maud

Quote from: Cindi Jones on February 28, 2007, 10:14:00 PM
I think that most pony girls are pretty up front with what their customers will be paying for.  There is a  high demand for those services.

She probably was upfront, I mean, the guy probably didn't want to let the cops know he was after that kind of thing.
  •  

Fer

Quote from: Mawd on April 05, 2007, 06:22:55 AM

the guy probably didnt want to let the cops know he was after that kind of thing.

Pardon?  How very rude! When people disrespect someone that they dont know, it is usually through a type of prejudice. The prejudice is actually a sign of unease and even fear because the other person is an (unknown quantity).  Prejudice, mistrust and lack of respect are all a learned reactions and to combat this, I think we need to teach respect to people from a young age.  Good heavens!
The laws of God, the laws of man, He may keep that will and can; Not I. Let God and man decree Laws for themselves and not for me; And if my ways are not as theirs Let them mind their own affairs. - A. E. Housman
  •  

Lucy

wow what a shock, firstly the police did ask her many questions, infact they seem to repeat them several times. This girl was out in the dark with a strange story but to bundle all of the transgender community to murderers and so on is a discrace. We are not and can not be spoken to and put down in this manner. Fox are doing a lot of halm to our community by publishing this rubbish.
  •  

Maud

Quote from: Fer on April 05, 2007, 06:38:49 AM
Quote from: Mawd on April 05, 2007, 06:22:55 AM

the guy probably didnt want to let the cops know he was after that kind of thing.

Pardon?  How very rude! When people disrespect someone that they dont know, it is usually through a type of prejudice. The prejudice is actually a sign of unease and even fear because the other person is an (unknown quantity).  Prejudice, mistrust and lack of respect are all a learned reactions and to combat this, I think we need to teach respect to people from a young age.  Good heavens!

My point was that if the guy was a ">-bleeped-<" he's not going to admit it to a cop, I have no problems with anyone pre or non doing whatever they want and I consider any relationship between a mtf and a man to be hetrosexual, I'd be hypocritical if I thought otherwise as I myself am a  pre-op mtf person and I'm not asexual, my use of "that kind of thing" was due to the fact that I didn't want to go into detail.
  •  

littlegreenfly

Unfortunately, the officer was doing her job the way she was trained.  The "world" has a pretty warped view of this community.  The TS was very wise in not arguing - because her responses were so reasonable, made the officer look just what she was, antagonistic, ignorant and thoughtless. Pocahontas (sp?) behaved like a lady. Though, being the conservative that I am, I'm not so sure about her wardrobe... If she were my daughter... it would have been one of those... "Go back to your room, you are not going out looking like that!" (quoting my Mom from my less modest days). ;D

LGF
  •