Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

cleavage space & hats

Started by Svetlana, May 25, 2005, 06:16:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Svetlana

it's annoying because most of the nice dresses and tops i see show cleavage, and, not yet having any, i can't get them!  i can't wait to be able to access the whole range of clothes.  that will be wonderful.

oh, apart from hats.  for some reason, hats are all "one size" now... that "one size" being "really small".  why'd that happen?  what was wrong with selling a range of sizes in the first place?  i mean, i can't get shoes either, because they don't go up to my size in the shops, and i don't have a credit card to buy over the internet with (neither am i going to get one; they are well dodgy), but at least shoes come in more than just one size!  and i know it's not just my big head because shop assistants have commented to me that lots of people have trouble with the hat size.
  •  

4years

Well dodgy credit cards are, but they do have their use nonetheless.
If, you watch the card like a hawk and never miss a payment they are quite useful indeed. Did I mention, "never miss a payment" yet? ;)

As for cleavage never mind that, it will come in time. ;) Can always build up a nice collection till then.

I do sympathize with limited clothing selection though, to be sure. Of course I won't feel comfortable wearing anything nice till after FFS and such. Ah well, eventually.

Hats I can't really comment on, having never really cared for them and as such have rarely looked.
  •  

Svetlana

oh why god did you curse me with a fondness for hats? :D lol
  •  

Dennis

Have you tried tall girls' shops, Svetlana? Even if you're not tall, they often have larger shoe sizes and probably hat sizes.

Dennis
  •  

Svetlana

no i haven't.  i doubt they would do a uk-fem-13 shoe, but they might do wider hats, so thanx for the tip, and i'll check that out sometime!
  •  

stephanie_craxford

I've noticed the same problem here in Canada with hat sizes (at least in Kingston, Ontario).  I was looking for a nice large straw hat to wear when I'm in the garden, but they are all one size, and that size is always too small.   >:(
  •  

wajdi

For garden work:  how about one of those oriental type hats?  Almost a flat cone?  Just sits on top of your head and ties under your chin.  Just a suggestion.

wajdi (Jess' dad)
  •  

stephanie_craxford

That's a great idea.  I was thinking of that myself.  I'm not sure where I would find one here, but it's definitely a prospect woth looking into.
  •  

xagira

As far as hats go, you might want to look into the arts and crafts.  Or find someone who does them.  There are many great styles that can be made with knitting, crocheting, felting, weaving (both loom and hand weaving). These are not "granny hats" either.  There are some beautiful modern style.  They are able to be made in many different sizes and colors.  If you can't or don't have the time to learn these crafts, then find someone who can do it.  You might pay a little more for it but it will be worth it it to have something you enjoy.  You get what you really want.  No worries that they don't have the color you want. 

As for payment.  There are options to having credit cards.  Paypal (even though I am not fond of this method for my own reasons), bank drafts, bank debit cards (they work just like a credit card but come directly from you checking/ savings account), money orders, cashiers checks, checks, electronic checks. You have to ask the merchant what other payment method they are willing to accept.  They WANT to make a sale.  They, most time anyway, will be willing to accept other methods to get your money.  It may take a little longer to get you item, but at least you will have it. 

Anyway, think about alternatives.  You CAN get the items you want, you just may have to go different routes to get them. 

Have a great day,
xagira
  •