Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

--

Started by ZombiePanda, October 20, 2011, 11:24:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZombiePanda

--
deleted
  •  

Arch

It could be unrelated to the T, but different guys report different effects. Sometimes it's hard to tell what comes from hormones and what comes from social and personal aspects of transition.

I was well into therapy when I started T, and once I'd been on the hormones for a little while, I started feeling more competitive generally. It took some time, close to a year, to learn how to tone that down. I still struggle with it, but not as much. I'd say it's a hormonal effect.

For quite some time, maybe a few months, I pretty much lost the ability to cry. I was going through a rough time before transition, but I hadn't cried in a long time. Then I started therapy and started getting in touch with my emotions, started allowing myself to let go. Then T and nothing! Couldn't cry even when I desperately needed to let it out. I had to teach myself how to do it. It was pretty weird. But I can cry now. I have more control than I used to, but I've learned how to loosen up.

In the past couple of years, I've become much more open about my emotions and talking about them, but that's because I've been working hard in therapy. So if T was shutting me off and making me more distant than I already was, I was counteracting it. But I don't think the T had that effect on me.

It can be pretty hard to sort all of this out. Transition can be hard on SOs, even those who didn't know the person before transition started. I hope you're doing okay.
"The hammer is my penis." --Captain Hammer

"When all you have is a hammer . . ." --Anonymous carpenter
  •  

xxUltraModLadyxx

Quote from: Arch on October 21, 2011, 12:03:35 AM
It could be unrelated to the T, but different guys report different effects. Sometimes it's hard to tell what comes from hormones and what comes from social and personal aspects of transition.

I was well into therapy when I started T, and once I'd been on the hormones for a little while, I started feeling more competitive generally. It took some time, close to a year, to learn how to tone that down. I still struggle with it, but not as much. I'd say it's a hormonal effect.

For quite some time, maybe a few months, I pretty much lost the ability to cry. I was going through a rough time before transition, but I hadn't cried in a long time. Then I started therapy and started getting in touch with my emotions, started allowing myself to let go. Then T and nothing! Couldn't cry even when I desperately needed to let it out. I had to teach myself how to do it. It was pretty weird. But I can cry now. I have more control than I used to, but I've learned how to loosen up.

In the past couple of years, I've become much more open about my emotions and talking about them, but that's because I've been working hard in therapy. So if T was shutting me off and making me more distant than I already was, I was counteracting it. But I don't think the T had that effect on me.

It can be pretty hard to sort all of this out. Transition can be hard on SOs, even those who didn't know the person before transition started. I hope you're doing okay.

i can't cry because of the antidepressants. i've been on estrogen for over a year now, which makes me more in tune with emotions. crying is only something i want to do alone, since i hate others seeing me do it, it's uncomfortable. it feels like a stress relief to me now which i can't do. before, it felt like if i got to the point of crying, it was game over.
  •