Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

a magical nature moment

Started by Jayne, November 05, 2011, 11:46:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jayne

A couple of weeks ago I couldn't sleep so at 3 am I decided to go for a walk to tire myself out. After a while I reached a local park & sat on the bench to do some star gazing, as I sat there looking at the stars whilst listening to enigma I noticed some movement in the shadows.
At first I thought it was a dog but as it came into the light I saw it was a young fox, she came over to the bench & sat down in front of me for a minute then she built up the courage to start foraging food from the take away containers scattered around the bench, at one point she sat only about 2 feet away from me to have a good scratch behind her ear (this is how I could tell she was female).

The encounter lasted about 5 minutes & was truly magical, i've always loved foxes & have never been so close to one, I decided today that I should look up the symbolism of a fox & this is the answer I found:

Fox symbolises adaptability, awareness, cunning, intelligence, provider, skill,& wiliness.

I know this was probably just a random encounter but i'm taking this as good omen, for whats happening in my life I need to be adaptable, i've reached a new level of awareness about myself & i'm willing to do whatever I have to to transition even if I have to be cunning to keep things hidden from certain people.
  •  

Michelle.

Have you gone back to meet up with her again?

Cool story BTW.
  •  

Devlyn

Very nice, Jane! I like nature, too. Thanks for sharing, hugs, Tracey
  •  

Jayne

Quote from: Michelle. on November 06, 2011, 12:14:34 AM
Have you gone back to meet up with her again?

Cool story BTW.

I've not been back to see her but it's not often i'm awake ay 3 am with enough energy to take a walk, she was quite young (she certainly wasn't full size) & I don't want to get her too used to being around people but it's really tempting to go & see if she's around.

Having her sat so close to me gave me a really warm, fuzzy feeling, nature is a truly wonderfull thing
  •  

Michelle.

Jane, your right. It's a good idea that she dosent become to used us people folk. Some of us are downright animals.

Gotta love foxes. Cute lil' critters.
  •