Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

(Temporary) problems with lack of feeling after surgery in Thailand?

Started by Joandelynn, November 16, 2011, 04:16:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joandelynn

Hello there!

Someone told me recently that "the Thai way" of doing surgery leads to serious problems with lack of feeling in the months after surgery. She was specifically talking about a Chettawut patient that she knew, but she said it was more of a general problem that is typical for the way they perform these surgeries in Thailand. She said that it gave problems like temporary incontinence, difficulties to find the vaginal entrance during dilation, etc. She had her operation in Europe and said that the kind of surgery she had (penile inversion I suppose) did not have these problems.

Now I understand that nerves may be damaged during the surgery and may need some time to properly reconnect, but I have never heard that surgery in Thailand gave more serious problems with this than those in the U.S. or in Europe. Can anyone shed any light on this rumor?
  •  

AbraCadabra

Quote from: Joandelynn on November 16, 2011, 04:16:25 AM
Hello there!

Someone told me recently that "the Thai way" of doing surgery leads to serious problems with lack of feeling in the months after surgery.

I had 'Thai surgery' and if ANYTHING I'm too sensate after 2 month. I was Dr. Sanguan in Phuket.

She was specifically talking about a Chettawut patient that she knew, but she said it was more of a general problem that is typical for the way they perform these surgeries in Thailand.

All I know is, that he is highly regarded, very busy, and has put his prices up numerous times.

She said that it gave problems like temporary incontinence, difficulties to find the vaginal entrance during dilation, etc. She had her operation in Europe and said that the kind of surgery she had (penile inversion I suppose) did not have these problems.

None of the 8 women I met in Phuket and one at least, I know from the forum, have ever mentioned to have issues like those - and neither have I.
Top Thai surgeon have often more the 1000 ops done per person - compare this to the European few surgeons... Practice still makes perfect.

Now I understand that nerves may be damaged during the surgery and may need some time to properly reconnect, but I have never heard that surgery in Thailand gave more serious problems with this than those in the U.S. or in Europe. Can anyone shed any light on this rumor?

Sorry to be blunt... this sounds just like the sort of jealous BS that our local SA GRS team loves to spin. For all I know there is no truth in these claims.

Axelle
Some say: "Free sex ruins everything..."
  •  

Joandelynn

Quote from: Axélle on November 16, 2011, 05:58:40 AM
Sorry to be blunt... this sounds just like the sort of jealous BS that our local SA GRS team loves to spin. For all I know there is no truth in these claims.

You're not blunt, they do the same thing overhere in .nl  >:(
  •  

Flan

it's 90% bs with a grain of truth. after surgery yes, things are slightly insensate as things reconnect, yes, permanent numbness is a risk of the surgery (with any surgeon) but to blame a country of surgeons is pretty meh.

edit: reminds me of my mom's fear of "3rd world countries" (including Thailand)
Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr, purr, purr.
  •  

AbraCadabra

BTW, ANY scar will not likely to be sensate EVER, during healing, it will be numb AND touchy both at once. It will always take time to mend cut nerves.

I also had a by-pass op and most of my left boob was quite numb for some time after the sternotomy. 1 1/2 years later the feeling is restored fully.

The same be the case with SRS. Though right from the start, my clit and adjacent inner labia area were VERY touchy (not on the scars) i.e. over-sensate.
Only now, after 2 month, does it begin be feel more normal.

Going further down along the vulva floor toward the vj entrance, things are a mixture of numb (due to scars) and sensitive too the touch all at once.

The vj opening is not really sensate at present i.e. still numb, but about 1" in, a mixture of slight numbness on the surface and definitely touchy to pressure from the dilator.

All this would be very normal, expected, post-op skin mending reactions. To call that a "temporary problem" makes really little sense to me.
I mean WHAT does one expect to happen after a 7hr+ surgical procedure down there??!

Axelle
Some say: "Free sex ruins everything..."
  •