Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Any candy makers?

Started by Tracey, November 19, 2011, 06:33:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Devlyn

I like playing with kitchen napalm, molten sugar. I have made nice cinnamon and peppermint hard candies, toffee, cashew brittle, molasses seafoam, and vanilla taffy. I think I pulled the taffy right, I was exhausted, and it tasted great! Anyone know how to pull taffy? Hugs, Tracey 
  •  

Kristyn74

Suga has a hot stainless steel table that has gas burners under it so it doesnt cool down.and they use ' riggers ' gloves to work it.

Kristyn
  •  

Dana_H

My grandfather, and his uncle before him, used to own a candy store. Sadly, he sold the store when I was young, which still saddens me to this day. As of a couple years ago, the building sat empty. I think the last tenant was a Mountain Man Fruit & Nut store.

As I recall, pulling taffy is pretty much what it sounds like;  you pull on it to stretch it out, then fold it over, give it a twist or two, and pull it again. Repeat until desired texture is achieved.

There is a taffy store in Estes Park, Colorado that has a taffy pulling machine in the front window. When I was younger, I used to love watching it work. Fascinating.
Call me Dana. Call me Cait. Call me Kat. Just don't call me late for dinner.
  •  

MarinaM

posting because I wanna learn how to make candy - it'll pop back up.
  •  

Kristyn74

Try this

http://www.suga.com.au/
The panel they leave it on is warm.

Kristyn
  •