Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Ripping Our Society to Shreds

Started by Felix, November 20, 2011, 11:06:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Felix

Canada Free Press
Alan Caruba  November 20, 2011
http://www.canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/42553

There was a time when civil rights were understood to mean those enumerated in the U.S. Constitution. Now, at least in the State of Massachusetts, they mean the right of homosexuals and transgender people to flaunt their lifestyle anywhere, any time. If you don't like it and say so, the police can arrest you.

I have always been a live-and-let-live kind of person. I consider a person's sexual preferences to be their own business. No longer. The gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender crowd is determined to impose their sexual "orientations" on everyone, starting in, but not limited to schools.

On November 16, the Massachusetts legislature pushed through a controversial "Transgender Rights and Hate Crimes" bill. The whole process was so unethical as to be breathtaking. In two hours, the bill went from committee release to re-write, to a late-night House vote and early-morning Senate final passage. The Senate, unlike the House, passed it by voice vote to avoid a roll call to identify who supported it.

everybody's house is haunted
  •  

Felix

Too slimy for any News section, but I found it interesting to see how some people see us.
everybody's house is haunted
  •  

fionabell

It's really Great you are addressing this problem! Thank you.

This ex-soviet spy claims, as seen in the link below that, political correctness is a mentality introduced into america to destroy american society. This was in the 80's

•  

Zaria

Quote from: Felix on November 20, 2011, 11:07:25 PM
Too slimy for any News section, but I found it interesting to see how some people see us.

As a Canadian and someone who spent years in the conservative christian community, I have never heard of 'Canadian Free Press'.   The rhetoric used is typical of much hate 'media'.  Pure nonsense.
Then the beautiful eyes of the fair woman open and look love, and the voluptuous mouth present to a kiss – and man is weak.
  •  

Rain Dog

Institutions like the KGB have always attracted a lot of screwy people, and sadly people listen because they have colourful, exciting stories to tell.
  •  

Shana A

Quote from: Felix on November 20, 2011, 11:07:25 PM

You could post this in News > Opinions/Editorials, I occasionally post similar articles (diatribes/rants) there.

Z
"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

•  

Mahsa Tezani

Communism and free rights don't mix.

They tried that in USSR
  •  

Beth Andrea

QuoteThere was a time when civil rights were understood to mean those enumerated in the U.S. Constitution. Now, at least in the State of Massachusetts, they mean the right of homosexuals and transgender people to flaunt their lifestyle anywhere, any time. If you don't like it and say so, the police can arrest you.

Free speech must be "free", without limitations save for immediate threat to life, limb, and property.

If you don't like what someone says, feel free to speak out against him/her...but don't insist on them being arrested, because it'll just be a matter of time before *your* opinion could get you arrested, too.
...I think for most of us it is a futile effort to try and put this genie back in the bottle once she has tasted freedom...

--read in a Tessa James post 1/16/2017
  •  

Tatyana

Quote from: Felix on November 20, 2011, 11:06:15 PM
Canada Free Press
Alan Caruba  November 20, 2011
http://www.canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/42553

There was a time when civil rights were understood to mean those enumerated in the U.S. Constitution. Now, at least in the State of Massachusetts, they mean the right of homosexuals and transgender people to flaunt their lifestyle anywhere, any time. If you don't like it and say so, the police can arrest you.

I have always been a live-and-let-live kind of person. I consider a person's sexual preferences to be their own business. No longer. The gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender crowd is determined to impose their sexual "orientations" on everyone, starting in, but not limited to schools.

On November 16, the Massachusetts legislature pushed through a controversial "Transgender Rights and Hate Crimes" bill. The whole process was so unethical as to be breathtaking. In two hours, the bill went from committee release to re-write, to a late-night House vote and early-morning Senate final passage. The Senate, unlike the House, passed it by voice vote to avoid a roll call to identify who supported it.

If cis males and females can flaunt their lifestyles anywhere anytime then so can transgender people.  And cis people impose their sexual orientation on everyone too. Like when I'm in the book store trying to read a magazine and some dude is trying to pick me up like its some kind of single bar. 
  •  

Jill F

I hate love it when I hear about how LGBT people are destroying the "moral fiber" (what IS that, exactly) of society.  Imagine that- the RWNJs have empowered us to do that by us simply existing!  Dumb move.  Guess what- the culture war has been fought and you lost. Again.   
  •  

Jean24

Just no. Straight cisgendered people shove their lifestyles down EVERYONE'S throat all day; it doesn't matter who you are. It comes down to some people not being able to take a taste of their own medicine.
Trying to take it one day at a time :)
  •  

Rebekka

it is a fact of reality that power corrupts, and those whom are granted (or take) the most authority, are generally the most corrupted (government, higher positioned priests, lawyers and judges, politicians, bankers, bureaucrats of all stripes and colors, and possibly also a fuzzy 'about half' of police officers of a big enough department of any given town or city), and in being above and beyond the policy, rules, laws, and other 'lets write fancy things on paper that make people do things, or violence will ensue', it is my conclusion that it is these sorts of power elite which have done more to harm, deconstruct, and degrade the material and workings of (american society as it should be/was) in the last 40 to 60 years, than any number of people who were gay, transgendered, of a minority race, or any other 'other' classification that can be ham-fistedly put to a person, according to SOP of the System of the machine of (american society as the power elite will make it to be).
Started HRT on March 16th, 2016  ;D
  •  

VeryGnawty

Quote from: Jean24 on December 07, 2013, 06:57:23 PM
Just no. Straight cisgendered people shove their lifestyles down EVERYONE'S throat all day; it doesn't matter who you are. It comes down to some people not being able to take a taste of their own medicine.

I agree.  In fact, the anti-gay marriage stance IS ALL ABOUT heterosexuals shoving their lifestyle down everyone else's throat.
"The cake is a lie."
  •