Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

People Who Constantly Argue and Bicker - Annoying or Entertaining?

Started by V M, December 04, 2011, 11:40:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are people who use the forums to argue and bicker with each other annoying or entertaining?

Totally annoying because it impedes upon my ability to express my thoughts and feelings
9 (25%)
Kinda annoying but I try not to let it bother me
10 (27.8%)
Both!!! Annoying and entertaining at the same time
9 (25%)
Kinda entertaining
3 (8.3%)
Totaling entertaining!!! I love an argument, especially if I am one of the people arguing
2 (5.6%)
Other, I will express how I feel
3 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 33

annette

It's annoying, it's a road block to a healthy discussion coz people don't learn from eachother.
  •  

dmx

Quote from: fionabell on December 07, 2011, 10:53:57 AM
yes it is

yes you are

no they don't

they have heaps of friends. :laugh:

lol. Mature. You must have overstated the age on your profile by 20 years.
  •  

mixie

Sorry the title just reminded me of Monty Python and the Holy Grail

•  

Silver

Well since I'm not here all the time it's not a huge deal to me, so I guess it's kind of entertaining.

But when people get offended over small things and start attacking others, well, then I feel kind of bad too. So mixed I guess. XD

Well, arguments are cool but bashing isn't.
  •  

fionabell

Quote from: Maya Zimmerman on December 07, 2011, 11:43:00 AM
I think you mean dynamic.  Static means one-dimensional and predictable, which I guess actually makes perfect sense.  But who wants to interact with something static?
I thought static meant changing because I saw an internet plan with with static IP address and I thought this meant it changed constantly.

That's really annoying. Because I think someone described me as static recently.
  •  

fionabell

Quote from: Gifted on December 07, 2011, 01:58:51 PM
lol. Mature. You must have overstated the age on your profile by 20 years.

I'm sorry love. If it's any consolation I have been forced to live under a bridge due to my trollishness.
  •  

chimera

People who argue on the forums sometimes make reading them very entertaining. ;)
  •  

Pica Pica

I like a bit of argy-bargy, stirs up the tepid waters a bit and sometimes gets you emotionally involved. However, there are those arguments that happen in the same way all the time, don't like those at all.

I am less keen on whining and moaning, that is far more off-putting then a little set to.
'For the circle may be squared with rising and swelling.' Kit Smart
  •  

CynthiaAnn

I voted both  :)

Since it's a moderated site, things don't seem to get out of hand, this type of site reflects forum evolution.

Back in the late 80's and 90's NNTP groups the arguments got really heated there as I recall, places like alt.soc.transgender were full of flames....
  •