Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

People Who Constantly Argue and Bicker - Annoying or Entertaining?

Started by V M, December 04, 2011, 11:40:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are people who use the forums to argue and bicker with each other annoying or entertaining?

Totally annoying because it impedes upon my ability to express my thoughts and feelings
9 (25%)
Kinda annoying but I try not to let it bother me
10 (27.8%)
Both!!! Annoying and entertaining at the same time
9 (25%)
Kinda entertaining
3 (8.3%)
Totaling entertaining!!! I love an argument, especially if I am one of the people arguing
2 (5.6%)
Other, I will express how I feel
3 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 33

V M

The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

stldrmgrl

Rare as it may be, but if the thread specifically requests opposing opinions, and therefore the thread itself was intended to be a debating topic, then I don't see anything wrong with it.  However, as I mentioned, it is rare.  Most threads end up with arguments in them regardless, and for those, I find them annoying.  Rather more annoying is knowing I have been one to argue in many threads.  I do try my best to avoid it now.
  •  

Mahsa Tezani

•  

fionabell

I realize this thread may be about me because I'm arguing in some threads.

Forums with argument are static and interactive.

also I strongly disagree with a lot of the craziness in transgender and gay community so there.

If I go into the Hate section or the political section, I'm going to disagree with everyone and everything. :angel:

Btw if anyone wants to, just bash me down. I've been arguing on Nazi sites for 2 years so basically my whole experience of web forums is the equivalent of fighting a pig dog in a pit. I suppose not all sites are like that.lol ;D
  •  

V M

Quote from: Mahsa the disco shark on December 04, 2011, 11:58:24 PM
Pretty sure you're wrong. LOL

LOL... Smart ass  :laugh:

Quote from: fionabell on December 05, 2011, 01:41:21 AM
I realize this thread may be about me because I'm arguing in some threads.

No, it isn't about any one particular  :)  Notice it is a poll in the general discussions area and asks for peoples opinions

People do have differing opinions, discussing and/or debating points of view is healthy  :)  It is when a small group of people take over threads and constantly engage in their own personal petty arguments from thread to thread that it becomes redundant and annoying

It makes it difficult for other members to participate because the same little group is carrying on with pretty much the same redundant petty (lame) argument throughout several threads

Then the threads get locked and no-one can participate and share their thoughts, feelings and opinions

I've wanted to reply to a few threads but couldn't because it became a petty argument thread and/or got locked due to a few thread hoarder's petty arguing

Mostly the petty arguing just makes for a stupid, boring forum  :P
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Mahsa Tezani

Btw if anyone wants to, just bash me down. I've been arguing on Nazi sites for 2 years so basically my whole experience of web forums is the equivalent of fighting a pig dog in a pit.

Don't forget the childish insults and emo whining. God I love forums.
  •  

fionabell

Thanks for the nice reply VM

Re this poll. I think I really love drama so I'll have to say I find it interesting.
  •  

V M

Thank you for the replies thus far  :)  Would anyone else like to weigh in on this subject? Share your thoughts?

- V M
  •  

Sweet Blue Girl

Annoying, hilarious when it is stupid! But after a little dosejust annoying.
  •  

espo

It depends who it is.  If I like them, its entertaining, if I don't care for them or their whine, its annoying. 
  •  

AmySmiles

Almost always irritating.  I don't like it when people derail threads for stupid reasons.  And when people argue and bicker over the same beat-to-death topics, I just leave the forum for a couple days now.  It's long been obvious to me that certain people have their opinions on certain topics and aren't likely to change them.  Tis not worth the stress to read those arguments anymore.
  •  

Emily Ray

I think that debate can be good and I have learned some things along the way. But I like there to be an exchange of ideas and often times that isn't the case. When that happens it is anoying.

Huggs

Emily
  •  

Anatta

Kia Ora VM,

::) I find it neither annoying nor entertaining, but I do find it somewhat interesting....

::) Some people tend to get off on arguing and bitching and it would seem they go out of their way to incite a flame throwing competition...But I really do feel for those who get 'pack attacked' for voicing their opinion...

::) My humble advice for those who want to maintain "peace of mind" even when under attack... Practice "Mindfulness".....Don't let your thoughts drag your tongue[fingers in this case] to places where you don't want to go...Don't let volatile emotions rule the mind....

::) Happy Mindfulness folks  :)

Metta Zenda :)   
"The most essential method which includes all other methods is beholding the mind. The mind is the root from which all things grow. If you can understand the mind, everything else is included !"   :icon_yes:
  •  

Shana A

A reminder, personal attacks are not tolerated, and will be deleted.

15. Items under discussion shall be confined to the subject matter at hand, members shall avoid taking the other users posts personally, and/or posting anything that can reasonably be construed as a personal attack.
"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

•  

dmx

It is never entertaining to me. I'm not one to revel in drama.

Those who intentionally seek out fights annoy me. They must be lonely people.
  •  

fionabell

Quote from: Gifted on December 06, 2011, 12:45:49 AM
It is never entertaining to me.
yes it is
QuoteI'm not one to revel in drama.
yes you are
QuoteThose who intentionally seek out fights annoy me.
no they don't
QuoteThey must be lonely people.
they have heaps of friends. :laugh:
  •  

Maya Zimmerman

Forums with argument are static and interactive.

I think you mean dynamic.  Static means one-dimensional and predictable, which I guess actually makes perfect sense.  But who wants to interact with something static?
  •  

AbraCadabra

Isn't it ALL once again a case of degrees and perception?

Ones bickering or bitching is another ones attempt to complete communication...?

There is a case to be made for completing communication, as incomplete communication will start to fester and build up anger and frustration.

Yea, just a Gemini seeing the two sides of the coin once again - as usual... :-)

Axélle
Some say: "Free sex ruins everything..."
  •  

Jaime

I generally find it annoying, but still, it can be interesting or yes, even entertaining to a point.

I was a regular on MySpace forums for years, so to a degree, I've gotten to where I can ignore a lot and I'm not one to participate in poor forum behavior either.
  •  

Bishounen

It's healthy and fun and should be done as often as possible.
The more bickering, the more anger, and in turn, the more misary, suffering and Wars. >:-)

Sincerely/ :angel:
  •