News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Best wishes to those in Belgium...

Started by Anatta, December 13, 2011, 05:36:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anatta

Kia Ora,

::) It sadden me to watch the news this morning and to see the carnage created by a mentally deranged person...I hope you are all safe...My youngest boy was just visited friends there, but left Belgium for Sweden yesterday...

PS I put this in the 'Hate' section because I felt it was the most appropriate place to post it-even though it's not trans-related...

http://news.nationalpost.com/2011/12/13/several-dead-and-injured-in-shooting-in-belgian-city-square/

Metta Zenda :) 
"The most essential method which includes all other methods is beholding the mind. The mind is the root from which all things grow. If you can understand the mind, everything else is included !"   :icon_yes:
  •  

Keaira

It appears to have been more than one person according to the article.
  •  

V M

Some of our friends here at Susan's are Belgian, hope they and their families are okay

I'm sure more news about the gunman and the victims will soon follow

Hugs

- Virginia
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

pixiegirl

•  

fionabell

so that I can build up the appropriate prejudice. I don't want to blame Islam if it's not Islam to blame. ???
  •  

tekla

Looks like he's just a random nut with a gun and a few hand grenades, oddly enough - or not - Liege has a huge history of gun-making and gun manufacturers.
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

Rain Dog

Quote from: fionabell on December 14, 2011, 09:38:37 AM
so that I can build up the appropriate prejudice. I don't want to blame Islam if it's not Islam to blame. ???
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/belgium/8956132/Liege-attacks-Belgian-gunman-Nordine-Amrani-had-grudge-against-society.html

According to his former lawyer he was not a muslim.

It seems he had a history of arms and drug dealing, and was called for questioning about a sexual assault the day of the attack.
  •  

V M

The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Danacee

Quote from: pixiegirl on December 14, 2011, 08:49:12 AM
why on earth would you ask that?

Hate to say it but I was actually surprised what went down in Norway wasn't. I used to have that universal PC attitude too, but organizations that justify violence create violent people and Islam is one of those cases where the more unbiased information you know, the worse it actually gets. I'm not afraid of muslim people, nor do i inherently distrust them, I actually feel for the tyranny they suffer under much as one would for someone brought up in a hard line Christian sect. Hate the Sin, as Christianity says, which besides some bits like that I'm not the biggest fan of either.

My best wishes for those in Belgium  :( Irregardless of what the motivations, this was a sickening atrocity.
  •  

pixiegirl

Quote from: fionabell on December 14, 2011, 09:38:37 AM

Plenty of prejudice on show with your original comment. Automatically thinking of Muslims any time you hear about violence  is prety bigoted.
  •  

Anatta

Kia Ora,

::) I must admit when I first heard the news, my very first thoughts were of a 'white' right wing 'Christian' extremest, perhaps Norway was still quite fresh in my memory which got me to think a copycat attack ...

"The most essential method which includes all other methods is beholding the mind. The mind is the root from which all things grow. If you can understand the mind, everything else is included !"   :icon_yes:
  •  

fionabell

Quote from: pixiegirl on December 16, 2011, 09:06:56 AM
Plenty of prejudice on show with your original comment. Automatically thinking of Muslims any time you hear about violence  is prety bigoted.

It's most often Muslims in Europe. When I think of the sky. I think of blue. I don't think overcast because mostly it isn't.

Muslims have a prejudice against me so why can't i return the favour :laugh: :angel:
  •  

fionabell

Quote from: Zenda on December 16, 2011, 06:14:23 PM
Kia Ora,

::) I must admit when I first heard the news, my very first thoughts were of a 'white' right wing 'Christian' extremest, perhaps Norway was still quite fresh in my memory which got me to think a copycat attack ...

Hey look Zenda's a bigot too! Except she only takes one isolated incident to form a prejudice.  :laugh:
  •  

V M

Let's try to respectfully remember that there are people grieving their dead and wounded in Belgium

A couple more links:

http://www.france24.com/en/20111214-body-woman-found-home-liege-gunman-nordine-amrani-belgium

The body of a woman in her forties was found Wednesday at the home of Nordine Amrani, the gunman who killed four people and injured more than 100 others before killing himself in the Belgian city of Liège on Tuesday.

http://www.france24.com/en/20111215-death-toll-attack-liege-rises-five-amrani-belgium-grenades-police-gunman

The death toll from an attack in the Belgian city of Liège rose to five on Wednesday after a woman died overnight from her injuries. Nordine Amrani killed three people and wounded 125 others on Tuesday before killing himself.

- V M
  •  

Berserk

Quote from: fionabell on December 16, 2011, 09:16:41 PM
Hey look Zenda's a bigot too! Except she only takes one isolated incident to form a prejudice.  :laugh:

One isolated incident? You think Anders Breivik was an isolated incident of white, Christian extremist violence? Wake up. Violence in Europe (or elsewhere for that matter) is by no means limited to Muslim extremists.
  •  

mixie

As the mom of two Muslim Arab boys  I have to say some of the comments in this thread are sad.
  •  

fionabell

Quote from: mixie on January 04, 2012, 10:49:13 AM
As the mom of two Muslim Arab boys  I have to say some of the comments in this thread are sad.

I'm quite happy about my comments.

If you want to be sad about it that's you prerogative  :laugh:
  •