Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

After Legal Battle, Transgender Woman Returns To Work

Started by SandraJane, December 27, 2011, 06:59:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SandraJane

After Legal Battle, Transgender Woman Returns To Work

Lawsuit Had Far-Reaching Implications For Transgender Employees

By Emma Lacey-BordeauxCNN Radio  |POSTED: 4:50 pm EST December 26, 2011, UPDATED: 5:34 pm EST December 26, 2011

http://www.wpbf.com/news/30077121/detail.html

ATLANTA (CNN) -- Four years on, Vandy Beth Glenn still gets choked up thinking about the day she was fired from her perfect job.

The petite brunette recalls exactly what her boss said that October day, how the reasons behind the termination sparked a lawsuit that could have far-reaching implications about how transgender people are treated at work.

•  

Felix

Lol -
QuoteOne year later, Glenn, aided by her therapist, decided she'd come to work as a woman: Vandy Beth. She'd continued the charade -- a woman at home, a man at work - long enough. Looking back, she quipped, "it's odd to have two identities and not be fighting crime."
everybody's house is haunted
  •  

SandraJane

•  

Keaira

She is one of my Facebook friends. I have a feeling her case will lay the groundwork for more advancements in our civil rights. But definitely someone I look up to because despite everything, she never gave up. ^_^
  •