Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Hormone levels after HRT.

Started by Alainaluvsu, February 04, 2012, 11:03:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alainaluvsu

What are typical hormone levels for those who are intersexed?

How about those who believed they were transsexual before starting HRT, only to find out after starting HRT?

I ask this because my levels have really surprised me. I've never had a baseline test. On my second month of HRT (first test) my levels were 25 ng/ml Testosterone, 175 pg/ml Estradiol. 3 months later, my testosterone was at 9 ng/ml, and my estradiol was at a whopping 722 pg/ml. The only thing I can think of that would cause my estradiol to jump that dramatically is that my body naturally produces very little testosterone. I'm wondering if any of the intersexed people in here have experienced anything similar, and if so, what specific condition do you have?

I'm actually wondering if I have MAIS? I'd consider myself as having a mild male puberty. My bones are rather small, there's not much boney growth in my face, my hands and feet are relatively small to other mens (in fact I've never met a male with smaller hands than I have), and my sex drive was never very strong (until HRT that is..), even during my teenage years.
To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are.

•  

xxUltraModLadyxx

there isn't really any typical hormone levels i know of, since the conditions are so varied. you could have so many things, chromosomal differences, ambigous genitalia, true hermaphrodite, or hormonal failures. personally, it's very likely i have mosaic klinefelter's. i didn't actually get any XXY chromosomes extracted, but i had all the symptoms growing up. i had breast development, wide hips, poor muscle strength, voice never deepened, small genitalia, long lanky figure. though, my testosterone is high for an mtf on hrt 146 ng/dl.
there was a point a doctor said my T level was abnormally low which was "interfering with my ability to develop." my testes haven't gotten any smaller, since they were small and firm from the start.

and then, my hands are also really small.

•  

Alainaluvsu

I have a few of these. My hairline is still pretty much the same as always, despite all 3 of my brothers experiencing at least minor male pattern baldness in their 20s (I'm 29). I do have the very typical temple balding but it's not major whatsoever (I've seen similar severity in females). I've had narrow shoulders, a small bit of breast growth, small testicles, long legs and some patchy areas on my facial hair despite all 3 of my brothers being opposite (well, idk bout their testes). I'm also 5'4" (same as my sister), while my brothers range from 5'7" to 6'. I have an almost unnoticable adams apple, and it's very easy for me to talk in both male and female voices.

I have a few male features such as a very male body hair pattern, narrow hips, and pre-hrt I had very masculine skin, facial fat structure, and a bit more muscle growth but those were reduced rapidly. Oddly enough my appetite has skyrocketed but my body weight has stayed the same despite lack of exercise. My body fat % has jumped to 18%, when it was always consistently around 14-15%.
To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are.

•  

xxUltraModLadyxx

Quote from: Alainaluvsu on February 05, 2012, 12:27:02 AM
I have a few of these. My hairline is still pretty much the same as always, despite all 3 of my brothers experiencing at least minor male pattern baldness in their 20s (I'm 29). I do have the very typical temple balding but it's not major whatsoever (I've seen similar severity in females). I've had narrow shoulders, a small bit of breast growth, small testicles, long legs and some patchy areas on my facial hair despite all 3 of my brothers being opposite (well, idk bout their testes). I'm also 5'4" (same as my sister), while my brothers range from 5'7" to 6'. I have an almost unnoticable adams apple, and it's very easy for me to talk in both male and female voices.

I have a few male features such as a very male body hair pattern, narrow hips, and pre-hrt I had very masculine skin, facial fat structure, and a bit more muscle growth but those were reduced rapidly. Oddly enough my appetite has skyrocketed but my body weight has stayed the same despite lack of exercise. My body fat % has jumped to 18%, when it was always consistently around 14-15%.

you don't always know for sure. it can be really expensive to get the tests needed to get an absolute diagnosis, so you wonder why it really matters after all when you are transitioned and living the life of your desired gender. people with intersex commonly have cognitive difficulties, so it's not the best thing in the world to be i'm sure. i have expressive receptive language disorder along with a learning disability in math throughout school. i still have those, but people treat you pretty poorly and life is pretty hard that way. i'm really not envied by anyone, which puts things more into perspective about the realities of my life.
  •  

Jennifer_Lynn

My hormone levels were really wild after starting HRT. On a very small dose of E my estrogen levels were sky high and my T level was none existent. My doc has adjusted since then and now my estrogen is on the high side of normal but my T is still unmeasurable. My doc is considering stopping Spiro all together since it seems I really dont need it. I'll be 49 this year and have zero male pattern baldness. I've never been very hairy. My doc suspects I'm inter-sexed in some way. I'm being tested at the end of the month along with my normal HRT tests. It would answer a lot of question. Like being sterile for one.

Jenn
  •  

The Passage

This thread makes me jealous.. -hangs her head and walks away...- :'(
"Magic is just science we don't understand yet." - Arthur C. Clarke
  •