Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Ignoring entire threads? Besides the obvious way...

Started by Adio, February 24, 2012, 12:28:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adio

I just found out how to ignore certain people on here.  Is there a way to ignore an entire thread?  There is a bunch of nonsense that I'd rather not see over and over and over again.  It's extremely irritating to me.

I love Susan's but sometimes the people here drive me crazy.  I just want to learn and help others in relative peace (ha! like that could ever happen on a forum like this).

Everything (online and irl) seems to be aggravating me lately.  :(
  •  

Beth Andrea

I'm really aggravated after reading your post.

>:-)

Where *is* the "ignore entire thread button? I want to ignore this thread...
...I think for most of us it is a futile effort to try and put this genie back in the bottle once she has tasted freedom...

--read in a Tessa James post 1/16/2017
  •  

Nero

No, but you can ignore boards. So, that would only work if you're not generally interested in the board from which this problem thread appears. Or you could ignore the board until the thread dies down.
Nero was the Forum Admin here at Susan's Place for several years up to the time of his death.
  •  

Susan

Ignore topics is back. Can do it in the unread posts section.
Susan Larson
Founder
Susan's Place Transgender Resources

Help support this website and our community by Donating or Subscribing!
  •  

Adio

•  

Sarah Louise

The "ignore topics" caught me by surprise, I was marking topics read and almost hit that by accident.  Luckily I caught the new item just as I was about to click on it.

:)
Nameless here for evermore!;  Merely this, and nothing more;
Tis the wind and nothing more!;  Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore!!"
  •  

JenJen2011

I don't see that option. Where exactly is it located?
"You have one life to live so live it right"
  •  

Sarah Louise

When you click on "Show unread posts since last visit" you will see Mark all topics read; mark selected read; and Ignore topics as options.

Put a checkmark in the box next to a topic you want to ignore, then click on the icon.
  •  

tekla

I'd answer that question Jen2x but I have you on ignore and so I never read it in the first place.
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

JenJen2011

I just see "mark all messages as read". That's it. Oh, and now that I'm typing this I've noticed that I don't have any smiley's above to choose from.
"You have one life to live so live it right"
  •  

Devlyn

I don't have this on my phone or the work computers. Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Adio

So it appears that the ignore thread feature will only work when viewing threads in the "Show unread posts since last visit".  I do not use that feature because I pretty much only post in the ftm subforum.  I can ignore the thread in the unread posts, but when I go to the subforum, it's still showing for me.  Oh well.  Can't have everything.
  •  

Sarah Louise

I don't like where the "Ignore Topic" button was placed.  I knew it would happen, I accidently tagged a bunch of threads to "mark as read" and I hit the wrong link and ignored a dozen topics.

I didn't even know I did it until I purposely hit ignore for one topic to see if I could go in and "unignore" it.

When I checked in my profile settings I found the other dozen I had accidently ignored.  There is an option to unignore individual threads.

Luckily.  :)

•  

caseyyy

I do not see it at all. What browsers are you who have it using?
  •  

Devlyn

A word of caution here. About a month ago another poster put up video with my name on it. Had I been ignoring boards and topics I might never have known about it. I prefer to know every word everyone here says. Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

spacial

Quote from: Adio on February 24, 2012, 12:28:00 AM

Everything (online and irl) seems to be aggravating me lately.  :(

I get like that sometimes. I'm sure other do as well.

•  

Princess of Hearts

Somebody was sneering and mocking me in a number of threads.  There was a strong temptation to block them as they are dislikeable in every way.  However, I rose above their petty, simplistic ways of being and decided not to block them. 

•