Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Anybody else addicted to nail polish?!

Started by aniya, March 07, 2012, 05:04:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aniya

I have so many nail polishes its not even funny! I change my nails about every 2 days lol! Anybody else have this obsession? What are your favorite polishes?
"It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live."
  •  

Gretchen

Polish junkie for sure, mostly OPI for me. I'll wear just about any color once. As a matter of fact I painted my toes tonight a nice metalic bright blue (You're S-teal The one) and also the fingers tonight (Bastille My Heart) some kind of red. You can almost always get the OPI ultra cheap on Amazon.
  •  

aniya

I love Sephora nail polish! They have some amazing colors! Too Good For Him and It's Bouquet For Me are my favorite colors
  •  

Gretchen

Quote from: aniya on March 07, 2012, 09:55:24 PM
I love Sephora nail polish! They have some amazing colors! Too Good For Him and It's Bouquet For Me are my favorite colors

I'll have to give those a try, like I said I'll wear anything once and I have worn some nasty ass colors just to reinforce the fact that they suck.
  •  

Stephe

I always have some sort of nail polish on and am not afraid to use out there colors. Purples and pinks are some of my favorites. Green and teal can be fun too. I like using a solid color for the first coat and a metallic/pearl transparent over that for the second coat to make up fun new colors. Also have learned to use polish thinner to keep polish fresh and from getting too thick.

One thing I still have issues with is a base coat that doesn't come loose from the nail after a few days. I get them super clean (soap and water then alcohol), even use OPI bond aide pre-cleaner and tried a bunch of different types of base coats and rarely does it last a week. Sometimes a big piece will chip off in a couple of days. Maybe I just have very flexible nails and the polish won't flex so it breaks loose? It does seem to last longer when the spa does it (And they use the same base coat and polish brands I have tried) so maybe it's the way I apply it? Too thick a coat or?
  •  

Gretchen

I've always struggled with base coats too so I stopped using them and my polish last longer. Not sure why but it was a huge difference.
  •  

aniya

Hmm odd maybe it is the way you apply it? I never had a problem with chipping, just when my nails grow out you can tell because there's color missing lol. Try studying how they do it at the spa next time so you can recreate it :)
  •  

Stephe

Quote from: Gretchen on March 07, 2012, 10:32:11 PM
I've always struggled with base coats too so I stopped using them and my polish last longer. Not sure why but it was a huge difference.

I'm fixing to redo mine right now and will try it, thanks :)
  •  

Catherine Sarah

Quote from: Gretchen on March 07, 2012, 10:32:11 PM

Hi Gretchen,

True?? Really. How interesting. I now use a Revlon clear base and put my 'SportGirl' (yeah I know!!- what a TRAGIC) Coral over the top. Works well for me, except I must stop doing my nails at the traffic lights. Worse still on the freeway at 100 kph. (Yes I still know - what an even bigger tragic :laugh:)  Well after all, this is a high maintenance gender. And loving it.

Be safe, well and happy
Lotsa huggs
Catherine

If you're in Australia and are subject to Domestic Violence or Violence against Women, call 1800-RESPECT (1800-737-7328) for assistance.
  •  

Gretchen

Quote from: Catherine Sarah on March 08, 2012, 10:05:29 AM
Hi Gretchen,

True?? Really. How interesting. I now use a Revlon clear base and put my 'SportGirl' (yeah I know!!- what a TRAGIC) Coral over the top. Works well for me, except I must stop doing my nails at the traffic lights. Worse still on the freeway at 100 kph. (Yes I still know - what an even bigger tragic :laugh:)  Well after all, this is a high maintenance gender. And loving it.

Be safe, well and happy
Lotsa huggs
Catherine

You're out of control missy.
Maybe it's my diet, I don't know. I have noticed that in the last three months my nails are different, stronger. It's almost like there not mine, so things could be different now, a lot has changed.
  •