News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Any Harry Potter fans?

Started by aniya, March 08, 2012, 01:56:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shang

Quote from: Tom on March 14, 2012, 01:04:40 PM
Really? I'm partial to a bit of Keira knightly especially in 'Dominio'. I like that she hasn't had any work done, there's no need to. Infact I prefer it when they are smaller. I don't really like big ones . I also love Liv TYler in Lord of the rings...

Anyways enough of that, was anyone disappointed with the half blood prince movie? I thought it was cr*p compared to the book

I like that she hasn't anything done, but I'm not the biggest fan of her acting.  I've tried seeing various movies with her, but I can't get through the movies because either they're not my type of movie or the acting just gets me.

I liked The Half-Blood Prince movie, but the book was better.  I think they could have done a lot in the movie, but the book was also crazy long.  They had to turn the last one into two movies and to cover most of the 6th book, they would have had to do the same thing.
  •  

Jam

Hmm I don't really know about her acting, I've never really thought about it....maybe it's because I'm too busy oggling lol

Hey I wouldn't have minded if they'd have made it into 2 movies personally. I think the 3rd and last one are my favourites
  •  

Shang

The problem with making into two movies was that they were already 2 years or so behind the time frame they wanted for the films.  It's why I think some movies were better than others -- the actors were just tired.  I'd be tired, too, though after 10 years of making films for the same series.

My favorites are the 1st, 3rd, and 7th (both parts).
  •  

Padma

Tired, and in Daniel Radcliffe's case, apparently "tired and emotional" too :).
Womandrogyne™
  •  

dalebert

He had a serious alcohol problem for a while but kicked it.

Jam

Quote from: dalebert on March 14, 2012, 03:24:13 PM
He had a serious alcohol problem for a while but kicked it.

Really? I didn't know that... Interesting
  •  

Padma

Yes, he's been very up-front about it lately, pointing out scenes in some of the films where he was drunk on set during the filming. He said the pressure was really getting to him. I think it's pretty brave of him to be so honest about it, there are probably a lot of younger film stars with similar issues going on. Here's a sample news item.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/harry-potter/9058347/Daniel-Radcliffe-my-drinking-was-so-bad-I-blacked-out.html
Womandrogyne™
  •  

Shang

I remember reading about his alcohol problem.  I can understand a bit of why, though, especially in a series as huge as Harry Potter.   I'm glad that he stopped.  It may be why he actually did really well in "The Woman in Black". 
  •  

aniya

I always have silly Harry Potter dreams I love when I do though. Usually im flying around in my broom or casting spells on people lol. Quite silly but eh I love them!  :P
"It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live."
  •  

Jam

Quote from: Padma on March 14, 2012, 03:34:57 PM
Yes, he's been very up-front about it lately, pointing out scenes in some of the films where he was drunk on set during the filming. He said the pressure was really getting to him. I think it's pretty brave of him to be so honest about it, there are probably a lot of younger film stars with similar issues going on. Here's a sample news item.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/harry-potter/9058347/Daniel-Radcliffe-my-drinking-was-so-bad-I-blacked-out.html

That makes me want to watch the half blood prince and see of I can tell when he's drunk
  •  

veritatemfurto

Quote from: Lynn Gabriel on March 13, 2012, 10:33:24 PM
I'm eventually going to make it to Disney World and go to the Harry Potter portion.  I don't know when, but it will happen.

That's actually Universal Studio's Islands Of Adventure park, but hey Disney rox too, including employment ;)

Always was a fan of Ms Granger  :)

harry just makes me giggle, even though ron is the hot one now  :o :-* :laugh:
~;{@ Mel @};~

My GRS on 04-14-2015

Of all the things there are to do on this planet, there's only one thing that I must do- Live!
  •  

Shang

Quote from: veritatemfurto on March 14, 2012, 07:22:10 PM
That's actually Universal Studio's Islands Of Adventure park, but hey Disney rox too, including employment ;)

Always was a fan of Ms Granger  :)

harry just makes me giggle, even though ron is the hot one now  :o :-* :laugh:

It's getting lumped with Disney World. :P But thank you for the correction! I'd love to work at Epcot. -.-

Harry is a bit giggle worthy, but his acting is way better outside of the movies.  Ron is my favorite character in the series and Rupert Grint, or however you spell his name, is fantastic!
  •  

Princess Rachel

just rewatched HPATDH-pt 2 yesterday :)  Is anyone else getting the Ultimate Editions?  With the first 2 movies you also get extended editions, so there's even more movie to watch for your money :)

•  

aniya

Quote from: Princess Rachel on May 11, 2012, 01:48:22 PM
just rewatched HPATDH-pt 2 yesterday :)  Is anyone else getting the Ultimate Editions?  With the first 2 movies you also get extended editions, so there's even more movie to watch for your money :)

OMG I wish! :( Aren't they pretty expensive!?
  •  

~RoadToTrista~

I love all the Harry Potter books, I was fricken obsessed with them just a few months ago. But gawd, I hate him as a character. In later parts of the series anyway.

Also I thought the last movie was a disappointment.
  •  

Princess Rachel

£25 for the DVD of the film, the DVD of bonus features, a brand new documentary about the films, a dvd extended version (of the first two films), the blu ray of the film, plus a photo book and exclusive collectors cards, there's some releases that only give you the movie for £25!  I guess it's all a matter of perspective...

•  

suzifrommd

Quote from: ~RoadToTrista~ on May 11, 2012, 10:35:05 PM
Also I thought the last movie was a disappointment.

Agreed. The whole thing about Harry coming back from the dead was never explained. I guess they wanted you to read the books.
Have you read my short story The Eve of Triumph?
  •  

Jam

I know this thread has been inactive for a while but heres some pics as promised:
(some may be blurry, I had to take them quick before people stood in the way)

Great Hall

Boys Dorm

Common Room

Dumbledore's office

Snape's dungeon

The Burrow

Ministry

Butterbeer, Concept art and Models

Thats my cis mate for perspective not me lol

Diagon Alley

Well worth the visit.
  •  

aniya

Quote from: Tom on June 27, 2012, 06:40:29 AM
I know this thread has been inactive for a while but heres some pics as promised:
(some may be blurry, I had to take them quick before people stood in the way)
Well worth the visit.

Tom those pictures are excellent!! Ugh you're so lucky! I would of cried at every moment just getting a chance to see all that lol
  •  

Jam

Lol it was quite the experience. I've missed out quite a lot as well. There's an interesting book out there which includes how they made everything including the sets. I can't remember the name though but I have it at home and it's a brilliant read.
  •