Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Any Harry Potter fans?

Started by aniya, March 08, 2012, 01:56:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aniya

So I can't begin to tell y'all how much I LOVE the series! Any other fans out there?!
"It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live."
  •  

Jam

I'm a Harry potter fan, loud and proud!
Infact I'm off to the film studios tour near London later this year with my mate =]
  •  

aniya

No way!! Lucky you! Take loads of pics and make sure you show me. I'm planning a trip to the Wizarding World of Harry here, closest thing I'll get to the movie set, or in this case replica lol
  •  

Jam

Aw no way your lucky! I so wanna go there! You get to go in ollivanders!

Wow I'm such a geek..

I plan to take a lot of pics so I will try post them on here for you too look through =]
  •  

aniya

I'm sorry but you get to actually visit the set! That's way more lucky!

I know cant wait for Ollivanders I have to buy another wand for my collection :3
  •  

Shang

Does that answer your question? :D  I had to get my parents to take me to Platform 9 and 3/4 when I visited them in England.  I made some of the police giggle because I was so excited about going to see Platform 9 and 3/4.

The Harry Potter series is one of my favorite series of all time!  I have read it so many times that I'm constantly having to buy new copies of the books.

I'm eventually going to make it to Disney World and go to the Harry Potter portion.  I don't know when, but it will happen.
  •  

aniya

Yay how awesome!!! Before you plan your trip though make sure you head over to Universal Studios and not Disney hehe maybe I'll see you there!!  :P
  •  

Shang

Quote from: aniya on March 13, 2012, 10:39:22 PM
Yay how awesome!!! Before you plan your trip though make sure you head over to Universal Studios and not Disney hehe maybe I'll see you there!!  :P

Hahaha, I love Universal Studios.  I'd have to definitely go there again. XD

Oh, I'm scared to go to the Harry Potter area because I'm a 23 year old female bodied person who will be squealing, giggling, and possibly crying. xD
  •  

aniya

Nonsense! I'm sure there have been plenty of people there that have squealed and giggled lol. Just make sure you have fun!
  •  

Shang

Quote from: aniya on March 13, 2012, 10:44:39 PM
Nonsense! I'm sure there have been plenty of people there that have squealed and giggled lol. Just make sure you have fun!

Hahaha, yeah.  I can't wait.  I just need to scrounge up the money and convince people to come with me. XD Maybe I can get my parents to take me as a graduation gift, lol.
  •  

Padma

I'm a big fan, more of the books than the films, but I enjoyed (and keep enjoying) the films too. And I'm fast becoming a fan of Rupert Grint as a comedy/character actor. He's really good in Wild Target.
Womandrogyneâ„¢
  •  

aniya

Oh my goodness I have a huge crush on Rupert Grint! He was sooo funny in the last two or three HP movies! I also want to see the movie Cherrybomb! I hear its really good and he stars in it so why not?!
  •  

Chloe

lol Kids and I have every EA game and movie since the Philosopher's Stone was released in November 2001 - 3 and 2 yrs old and basically how they learned the computer (that, Thomas Tank Engine CD-Rom and Pirates of the Caribbean!) Spent many hours roaming Hogwarts and daughter's second grade class probably still think i'm Jack's Sparrow's REAL pony-tailed older brother!

QuoteBecause a teengod wizard facing off against a dark lord beats one about a sparkling lovesick vampire anyday!
Always liked Ginny Weasley and somehow KNEW Harry and she would wind up together !Love to come to England and see actual set,  don't particularly like California !
"But it's no use now," thought poor Alice, "to pretend be two people!
"Why, there's hardly enough of me left to make one respectable person!"
  •  

aniya

Ah so cute! Kiera, i'm guessing you will be checking out Pottermore when its fully accessible in April?!
  •  

Jam

I want to see 'the woman in black' soley because it has Daniel Radcliffe in it. Which may seem strange as I don't fancy him but you know, I sorta grew up at the same time he did.

Favourite actor from the movies is definitely rupert grint.
Emma Watson blows my mind from about the 5th movie onwards.
She's SO pretty and she's really cute in interviews.

I think they are serving butter beer at the tour in London, you can get that at universal too. I hope it tastes nice.
  •  

Chloe

Quote from: Tom on March 14, 2012, 08:12:55 AMEmma Watson blows my mind from about the 5th movie onwards.
Ahh - but still always been partial to Keira Knightley (did she have BA implants?).

Quote from: aniya on March 14, 2012, 05:35:20 AMchecking out Pottermore
I see it but still cannot register?

Anybody here old enough to know who Catherine Deneuve is ? She never did marry, now that's a LADY ! Why make one man miserable when ALL can be happy !
"But it's no use now," thought poor Alice, "to pretend be two people!
"Why, there's hardly enough of me left to make one respectable person!"
  •  

Padma

Keira Knightly very proudly has had no breast augmentation, is fairly flat-chested - and complained loudly when the studio on one of her films tried to have her photo on a publicity poster "enhanced". She's happy being her own shape. Good on her.
Womandrogyneâ„¢
  •  

Shang

Quote from: Tom on March 14, 2012, 08:12:55 AM
I want to see 'the woman in black' soley because it has Daniel Radcliffe in it. Which may seem strange as I don't fancy him but you know, I sorta grew up at the same time he did.

See it!  It's a fantastic movie!  Just don't expect him to be at all like Harry Potter.  His acting is way better in "The Woman in Black".  I was amazed, honestly.  It's now one of my favorite movies.

Keira Knightly, ew.  I can't stand her, but that's because her acting is annoying and her teeth are funny. >.>    I do like Emma Watson, but she's done with acting now that the Harry Potter movies are done.

If I had choose an actress, I would choose Tilda Swinton.  Partially because she's a really good actress and partially because of how she looks.  I want to look that androgynous, but it'll never happen.
  •  

Jam

Really? I'm partial to a bit of Keira knightly especially in 'Dominio'. I like that she hasn't had any work done, there's no need to. Infact I prefer it when they are smaller. I don't really like big ones . I also love Liv TYler in Lord of the rings...

Anyways enough of that, was anyone disappointed with the half blood prince movie? I thought it was cr*p compared to the book
  •  

dalebert

I own all the movies and even replaced the Prisoner of Azkaban because my first one finally messed up after a number of viewings. It's one of my favorites of the movies. I don't buy any gear though. That would be a bit much for me.

I have a lot of Harry Potter-ish dreams where I'm a wizard and hanging around with other wizards. Had one recently in which I'd recently graduated from Hogwarts and was a new member of a wizard guild in town. Met an old friend from high school and found out he went to Hogwarts too. Really elaborate and detailed dream in which I have a very different life than this one and it seemed completely normal.