Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

As a post-op transsexual, how often have you had sex?

Started by Teri Anne, March 27, 2007, 08:06:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

As a post-op transsexual, how often have you had sex?

Never
Less than 5 times in a year
Less than 5 times in many years
More than 5 times in a month
More than 5 times in a year
More than 20 times in a year
More than 100 times in a year
More than 100 times in many years

Teri Anne

Many of you know me as someone who is open with my thoughts and feelings.  A friend of mine says that I'm very unusual in revealing these feelings -- that most people are far more guarded.

Well, I'll charge ahead with another topic and admit to you my reality.  I probably had sex 6 times before I transitioned (at age 47).  After my SRS operation in 1999, I had sex with two lesbians, about 4 times total...and that was within my first year after SRS.  We loved one another but I think my disinterest in sex gradually led them to walk away (I can hear the laughs - "Yeah, I would have, too!").  I dated seven women and six men in that first year and, now, seven years later, don't date at all.  The women I met were great but the men seemed far too pushy -- even when I told them that I wasn't interested in sex, they still persued it.  I wasn't game.  When I dated, I stressed that it was important to me to try to find FRIENDS.  I felt that if the friendship worked out, things like love and sexual relationships could more naturally evolve.  I suppose that I'll reach a point someday where old age will kick in and I will encounter a lot more people, both male and female, who place love and companionship much higher in importance than sex.

So, how is YOUR post-op as far as sexual relations?  A TS friend of mine "couldn't wait to try it out" and she signed onto a local video dating service and, within a few weeks, did "try it out."  While she found the experience interesting, I felt that she was taking a big chance in the possibility of getting STD's or AIDS.  It's bad enough taking those risks with someone you really love let alone trying it with someone you've barely met.  As the saying goes, "when you go to bed with someone, you go to bed with nearly everyone that person has slept with."  A GG friend of mine (my ex - we lived together 21 years - she's now happily remarried) told me that she always asked the men she dated (after we broke up) for STD and AIDS tests before doing anything.  While it might not be "cool," she didn't consider dying or living with a lifelong STD to be too cool either.

So, there are dangers but, at the top of my list, is just my disinterest in sex.  In my first year, I didn't feel orgasms.  It was only, after a year when my nerve endings finally reconnected, that I surprisingly felt my first "O."  I know that certain SRS surgeons' procedures are less traumatic to nerve endings than the one I had.  Maybe, one day (or should I say night?), I'll change my mind about all this and will find wonderful sex.  My transitioning, by the way, had nothing to do with desire for sex but rather was about my sexual identity.

I noticed that my SRS doctor never asked me about sex or "O"age afterwards.  Yours probably hasn't also.  How's your sex life AFTER your operation?

Teri Anne

P.S. - I encourage F2M's to vote on this also.  Post-Op is Post-Op.
  •  

tinkerbell

I just had my SRS last January, so I haven't reached the three month requirement yet.  After I heal completely and start being intimate, perhaps you will need to create a new poll.  >:D

tink :icon_chick:
  •  

Thundra

QuoteI just had my SRS last January, so I haven't reached the three month requirement yet.  After I heal completely and start being intimate, perhaps you will need to create a new poll. 

I'm afraid you will never begin to approach the legendary exploits of our dear departed Ms. Sparks.
  •  

Cindi Jones

I am so not interested in that aspect of my life. Yes, there was a time when I was interested. I didn't find any answers in the poll that fit me.  I did have sex more often when I was younger.  After I was married to Brick, I was more active. But I've not ever been interested in initiating intamcy after my SRS.  It has trailed off over the years.

So, in many ways, I suppose that I'm sort of normal... like a lot of other people I know... just not interested.  I'm not a prude and it's not that I can't enjoy it.  I'm just not interested.

Cindi

Author of Squirrel Cage
  •  

Stormy Weather

20 months post-op and there's a drought, the likes of which would drive lesser women crazy.  ;D

Mind you, having 2 follow-up ops after the first main one kind put a dampener on things. Hard to feel good about yourself when you're stitched and gauzed down below...

Been a few nibbles but nothing of consequence. I'm with Gwyneth Paltrow on this. English men are useless; you almost have to do everything for them...
  •  

Teri Anne

Yes, I agree with you, Cindy.  A lot of older people (not just TS's) just lose interest.  I know that, when I started diminishing the testosterone, any vague interest or urge seemed to go away also.  I suppose that's why some older GG's get minimal doses of testosterone - to perk up the interest.  One GG I know began getting side effects of the testosterone and had to quit.  I'd certainly never want to have it again, lol.

Me, I find more interest in a good book or a good documentary on television.  I'm glad that some of you are still finding sex of interest.

Teri Anne
  •  

Yvonne

I had my operation two years ago.  I don't count the days my fiance and I have sex but it's more than 20 times in a year.
  •  

Dennis

You mean with other people Teri Anne? ;)

My transition coincided with my marriage breakup and I'm just getting back into the dating pool, so I'll reserve judgment. But if I had my choice, testosterone would have me at least considering the possibility daily or more often.

Dennis
  •  

Teri Anne

Dennis said, "But if I had my choice, testosterone would have me at least considering the possibility daily or more often"

Testosterone'll do that, lol, or at least help get you into the mood.  I think it's an untalked about topic that post ops now face what GG's face:  Without testo, you find other interests (besides sex).  I recall a GG friend of mine being somewhat in horror of her husband becoming interested in erectile dysfunction pills.  It turned out to not be a big deal.  For a lot of guys, the pills don't work.  My GG friend comments, "And yet he STILL wants sex, even though he can't perform.  If I was him, I'd see that I couldn't do it and move on.  But the testosterone apparently still creates the urge, even though he still can't do it."  I guess it's built into man's nature, due to hormonal structure; to WANT it even if the actual act is impossible.  An ironic and perhaps cruel dilemma mother nature throws at men.

And the irony in women?  Bodies designed to be sexually attractive to others but, with hormone balances that lack (or are low in) testo, makes some (or many?) women have less desire.

There are so many ironies in nature, in "intelligent design."

Teri Anne
  •  

Cindi Jones

Well, Teri, you and I are a bit older.  Yes, I tend to think that it is a natural course for sexual desires to diminish.  I had my SRS in my early 30's.  It would be interesting to hear how younger post ops feel about all this.  But... I certainly won't lose any sleep over it all ;).  Yes, I'll be signing off pretty soon here and return to that novel I need to finish reading before bed.

Cindi
Author of Squirrel Cage
  •