Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Put out by Occupy Wall Street and consented upon by OccupySD months ago. 8 Tenet

Started by Amazon D, March 28, 2012, 04:51:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tekla

There is an important question being left out of the statements here.  Does the factory owner (or the doctor) have a choice?... Factories, like money, don't grow on trees; they are made, by choice.  And for all this you want to punish the factory owner?
The roads, ports and harbors, police and fire, an educated work-force ready to work, public health facilities - those thing are not organic either.  And, if you'll check, you'll find that most of those things had and continue to have wide-spread public support throughout the political spectrum - the interstate highway system is one of the single most popular things the federal government ever did, and something that wildly improved productivity too.  You don't seem to understand that improvements and infrastructure are done to help business, not punish them.  And I don't think that asking them to pay their share for all of that is a punishment, it's just part of the cost of doing business here, which is a PRIVILEGE, not a right.

Oh, does the factory owner have a choice, sure, he could open in it Hati.

And the doctor does have a choice.  He could go to any of the other industrialized nations that are not burdened with nationalized health care (Here's a list of the top 3 industrialzied nations w/o national health care - besides the US - to help Dr. Doctor out):

Or failing to find industrialized nations that don't have such a hideous systems, well, there is Somalia, they don't' have it.  They don't have taxes at all.  >-bleeped-<, you'd think that alone would overnight convert Somali to a capitalistic paradise.  Any day now I'm sure.

What would happen to the factory owner, when the government comes and says "Okay, we've nationalized your factory
No body in any of these arguments advocated any such thing.  Not even closely.

Here is what I wrote as a preamble to the Warren quote:
most of the points of Occupy deal with fairness and equity, not redistribution.  I'm sure that many lose affiliations of millionares and billionares are spending their weekends burning effigies of Warren Buffet, but he's right when he says that it's silly for him to pay a lower rate of income tax than his secretary does.

No one talked about nationalization of anything - it's lying to say that I advocated (or said that Occupy advocated) anything even remotely of the kind. 
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •