Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Interview with Author and Transgender Jennifer Finney Boylan

Started by Brenda, May 26, 2005, 04:21:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brenda

CNN LARRY KING LIVE

Aired May 25, 2005 - 21:00   ET

THIS IS A RUSH TRANSCRIPT. THIS COPY MAY NOT BE IN ITS FINAL FORM AND MAY BE UPDATED.

LARRY KING, HOST: Tonight, a prime-time exclusive, Jennifer Finney Boylan's children call her Maddy, as in Mommy and Daddy. You see, when they were born, Jennifer was James Boylan. But after nearly 43 years as a man, James Boylan, husband and father, went under the knife to fulfill his deepest desire and become a woman. And today, Jennifer Finney Boylan is still together with the same woman who James married.
They're both here for the hour. Take us inside life before and after sex change surgery. And they'll take your calls. It's a prime- time exclusive. It's next on LARRY KING LIVE.

Jennifer Finney Boylan wrote a book. It's now in trade paperback, a national best seller titled "She's Not There: A Life in Two Genders." Jennifer Finney Boylan is the male to female transsexual. She's professor of English at Colby College in Maine. We'll meet her wife -- is that the correct term?

[Read More]

Brenda
  •  

beth_finallyme

Thank you so very much Brenda,

That was a wonderful interview. I just wish i could have known ahead of time and watched it. :(  I will be reading Jen's book.

beth
  •  

gina_taylor

I just finished reading her wonderful book, and I thought it was really well written. Unfortuantely I missed the Larry King Live show. If there is a way that I could get a video copy of it, please let me know.

In answer to that question, Jennifer's "wife" is just that. It was a very profound paragraph in her book where she asked about her wife.

Gina Taylor

I have the heart and soul of a woman
And am proud to be a T-girl.
  •