Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Abdominal distension post-op colovaginoplasty

Started by AbraCadabra, April 07, 2012, 11:27:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AbraCadabra

I have now seen 3 cases (all acquaintances) with major abdominal distension, all post-op colovaginoplasty.

I wonder is it simply due to this sort of SRS protocol in general, upsetting one's internal organs in such a big way?
Some maybe due to overeating and/or hormonal imbalance...?

Looking like being pregnant in >7 month is REALLY not a good thing.
It has me really worried about a closer friend of mine, therefore my enquiry.

What is causing it, and what can be done to reduce or get rid of it?

Anyone at all with experience regarding this matter?

Axélle

Some say: "Free sex ruins everything..."
  •  

Catherine Sarah

Hi Axelle,
In answer to your question; no. But I'm keenly interested in any replies you get to this very interesting topic.

Be safe, well and happy.
Lotsa Huggs
Catherine

If you're in Australia and are subject to Domestic Violence or Violence against Women, call 1800-RESPECT (1800-737-7328) for assistance.
  •  

Amazon D

I'm an Amazon womyn + very butch + respecting MWMF since 1999 unless invited. + I AM A HIPPIE

•  

AbraCadabra

Quote from: jsoso on April 08, 2012, 01:09:51 PM
Any pics of this?

No, that would be most unethical, it is not me we are talking about after all. Simply imagine, or look at a 7th into 8th month pregnant female tummy (carrying high...) and you see what I'm talking about.

Quote from: Amazon D on April 08, 2012, 01:26:43 PM
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0022346810004239
It seems to be an issue with that type of surgery even with cis

Sorry, can't find any relevant reference to the issue mentioned. Nowhere is it said that abdominal distension is one of the post-op complications...
Have I missed something?

Axélle
  •  

Amazon D

Quote from: Axélle-Michélle on April 09, 2012, 12:46:55 AM
No, that would be most unethical, it is not me we are talking about after all. Simply imagine, or look at a 7th into 8th month pregnant female tummy (carrying high...) and you see what I'm talking about.

Sorry, can't find any relevant reference to the issue mentioned. Nowhere is it said that abdominal distension is one of the post-op complications...
Have I missed something?

Axélle

no it didn't have the tummy thingy but it did have the colon surgery issues for cis people  getting the surgery
I'm an Amazon womyn + very butch + respecting MWMF since 1999 unless invited. + I AM A HIPPIE

•  

lilacwoman

colo-vag is practically the same as a csection and has to cut the muscles and then the  scar tissue tightens up so there will be the bulge above and below the scar just like lots of mothers get.

maybe a rigorous diet and exercise routine would help.

at 15 months post-op I've got the noticeable bulges and nothing seems to help.
  •  

jsoso

Is the bulge itself like a fat or what? If its fat could liposuction possibly help?
  •  

AbraCadabra

What I have seen, in I think now 3 cases, is distension caused by intra-peritoneal (inside the abdominal cavity) fat? Alternatively, some form of colonic re-positioning, displacement, or other deformation.
Nothing that can be really approached with liposuction, which works for fat deposits above the abs-muscle(s), i.e., jelly- or baby-belly ...

Axélle
  •  

peky

Quote from: Amazon D on April 08, 2012, 01:26:43 PM
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0022346810004239

It seems to be an issue with that type of surgery even with cis

Very respectfully disagree with your posting; the article in questions states that in case one patient had abdominal distension due to to constipation secondary to anal malformation.
  •  

lilacwoman

hard to imagine that constipation would make for noticeable abdominal distension as the relevant section of large colon and rectum are at rear of body.
from myself and lots of other women seen on various medcial programs I think the distension is due to the incision seriously upsetting the in and out layers of belly skin plus the lack of muscle tone from the cut muscle.
I notice on the several maternity ward progs on telly that surgeons doing csections do try to make a small slot and have to heave the babies out when logically it woudl be easier to make a bigger incision.
  •  

peky

Abdominal swelling may accompany other conditions affecting the digestive tract including:

Appendicitis

Celiac disease

Colorectal cancer and pancreatic cancer

Diverticulitis

Food poisoning

Gastritis

Inflammatory bowel disease (Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis)

Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)

Lactose intolerance and other food intolerances

Liver disease (hepatitis, cirrhosis, liver failure)

Overeating

Pancreatitis

Viral gastroenteritis

Other causes of abdominal swelling

Abdominal swelling can also be caused by problems in body systems other than the digestive tract including:

Abdominal tumor or mass

Advanced stages of certain cancers, such as lymphoma and breast, colon, stomach or ovarian cancer

Alcohol abuse

Ascites

Ovarian cyst

Portal hypertension

Pregnancy

Swallowing air

Uterine fibroids

Weight gain

Life-threatening causes of abdominal swelling

In some cases, abdominal swelling may accompany a serious or life-threatening condition that should be immediately evaluated in an emergency setting. These include:

Abdominal abscess

Abdominal aortic aneurysm

Abdominal trauma

Acute congestive heart failure

Bowel obstruction

Hepatic encephalopathy

Peritonitis
  •  

Julo

I got a colostomy made because I had a rectovaginal fistel (it´s healed now!) and my belly got a totally new form after that operation. Not like a pregnant belly but I have always been very skinny so for me it was big a change anyway.
I´m waiting to get my colon reconnected and wondering if this new belly of mine will change again. My scars are still very hard and they effect the form a little. I was thinking that the fat tissue is damaged and cant increase the same way as around it so it would be more visible if I get fatter. I don´t know. I´m just happy to be alive really...
  •