Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

The Women In The Office Are Talking!

Started by Julie Marie, March 31, 2007, 11:52:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Julie Marie

I've been in the office three weeks now.  It's kinda weird being the "long hair" but they seem to be pleased with what I'm doing.

For anyone who has read my stories about my previous boss and how he called me on my hair color and my nails this next story will be interesting.  Today (Saturday) he asked if I could come in and help him.  It's the same job I was involved with until I moved to this other job.  So I agreed.  We did our usual stuff.  No big deal.  Then it was time for lunch.

When the food arrived we went into the room I've been working in and he walks in and closes the door.

Funny, I thought.

Then he asks, "Are you still dating the girl who did your nails?" and looks down at my somewhat short but very polished nails.

"We are still seeing each other (in the mirror!) but we're not committed.  We just have a lot of fun together."  I hate deception but I can't tell him the truth. (Explained in other posts)

"Do you wear anything to your face?"

His question was very matter of fact.

"Do I wear anything on my face?"  I was curious what he meant.

"Well the women were talking and they said you do something to your face" then his hand waved around his own face.

I really would have expected to be flustered, embarrassed, but I wasn't.  I don't wear makeup to work and I told him so.  He seemed okay.

On the way home I called a dear friend and told her what happened.  Her explanation was that the women saw a guy with no beard shadow and thought I used makeup to hide it. 

Whatever the reason I was laughing inside.  I forgot what office gossip was like.

Oh, to be a fly on the wall!

Julie
When you judge others, you do not define them, you define yourself.
  •