Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Spider veins and laser treatment

Started by Jeneva, May 09, 2012, 02:02:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeneva

After I'd been on HRT for a while I started developing spider veins on my upper chest and breasts.  Unfortunately that is a side effect of HRT.  Then after the BA I had last year, they got a bit worse.  A couple of month ago, my laser tech was zapping hairs on my upper chest and breast area and mentioned that they could fix that.  She suggested I watch and see if they went back down (in case they were just temporary after surgery), but they didn't seem to be.  So last time I was there for my face I went ahead and asked about the spider vein treatment.  She said that area would only be $100 and it shouldn't require a second treatment even since they were so thin.

As summer was approaching and I am wearing more scooped neck tops I decide to go ahead and have it done.  I have to keep sunscreen on that area so it was fairly white, and the blue veins seemed to stand out visually enough to make me a bit self conscious. 

Today was that appointment.  The vein treatments are done with a yag laser so this was my first time in that treatment room.  It was a green pulse instead of the red of the pale skin alexandrite hair removal laser.  Ok, the smaller veins on my upper chest were almost no pain.  However as she got to the slightly thicker veins on my breasts it was VERY intense.  Between the bigger veins and the higher concentration of nerves it was just at the edge of my tolerance level.  She said they were reacting really well as she shot them (they initially retract, but in a day or so they will be back to normal size, but it will gradually be reabsorbed over the next month until they are just gone.  As she got closer to the breast she lowered the level from 200 to 180 and I was very grateful.  I did manage to keep still the entire time, but it was definitely much worse than hair removal laser (or tattooing or piercing).  It was nowhere near the level of pain the fat injections I got while awake were, but only that and kidney stones have ever been worse.

I'll touch back in a few weeks to see if it removed them all, but I wanted to get a review of one of the options if anyone else got them as they started HRT or a BA.
Blessed Be!

Jeneva Caroline Samples
  •  

lilacwoman

no sign of them on my BA.

I have lots on the ankle where I had triple fusion surgery.   curious.
  •  

Stephanie.Izann

Quote from: Jeneva on May 09, 2012, 02:02:12 PM
After I'd been on HRT for a while I started developing spider veins on my upper chest and breasts.  Unfortunately that is a side effect of HRT.  Then after the BA I had last year, they got a bit worse.  A couple of month ago, my laser tech was zapping hairs on my upper chest and breast area and mentioned that they could fix that.  She suggested I watch and see if they went back down (in case they were just temporary after surgery), but they didn't seem to be.  So last time I was there for my face I went ahead and asked about the spider vein treatment.  She said that area would only be $100 and it shouldn't require a second treatment even since they were so thin.

As summer was approaching and I am wearing more scooped neck tops I decide to go ahead and have it done.  I have to keep sunscreen on that area so it was fairly white, and the blue veins seemed to stand out visually enough to make me a bit self conscious. 

Today was that appointment.  The vein treatments are done with a yag laser so this was my first time in that treatment room.  It was a green pulse instead of the red of the pale skin alexandrite hair removal laser.  Ok, the smaller veins on my upper chest were almost no pain.  However as she got to the slightly thicker veins on my breasts it was VERY intense.  Between the bigger veins and the higher concentration of nerves it was just at the edge of my tolerance level.  She said they were reacting really well as she shot them (they initially retract, but in a day or so they will be back to normal size, but it will gradually be reabsorbed over the next month until they are just gone.  As she got closer to the breast she lowered the level from 200 to 180 and I was very grateful.  I did manage to keep still the entire time, but it was definitely much worse than hair removal laser (or tattooing or piercing).  It was nowhere near the level of pain the fat injections I got while awake were, but only that and kidney stones have ever been worse.

I'll touch back in a few weeks to see if it removed them all, but I wanted to get a review of one of the options if anyone else got them as they started HRT or a BA.

Just checking in to see how it's been going with your treatment. I have had some issues myself with Spider Viens as well.
  •  

Joelene9

I have spider veins on both ankle areas since 15 years ago.  I'm wondering as well.
  Joelene
  •  

Jeneva

It worked wonders on my breasts.  My wife had it done to her legs (teacher on concrete for too long every day), it seems to be helping hers too, but it is a bit earlier.
Blessed Be!

Jeneva Caroline Samples
  •  

Stephanie.Izann

What was the cost if you don't mind me asking???
  •  

Jeneva

For my breasts it was $100 and it did actually almost completely remove the spider veins.  For my wife's legs, I think it would have been $200, but since they hurt it was coverable under insurance.  She is definitely going to need a follow up, but it has done pretty good given how big they were.
Blessed Be!

Jeneva Caroline Samples
  •  

RAY

I have spider veins too. I am not even on HRT! This has to an annoying part which must be removed to feel comfortable about your body. 
Glad such things as lasers do help to resolve the problem of them.
Compression stockings and pantyhose do help relieve pressure and stress of your legs.
  •  

Stephanie.Izann

Sounds like you got a good deal too! Thank you.
  •  

snowboarderchic

Hmm, good info here. I have some small spider veins in the middle of my chest. I didn't realize that was a side effect of HRT. I'll have to chat with my laser lady next time I see her.
  •  

Beth Andrea

I've noticed spider veins on my cheeks and nose area...
...I think for most of us it is a futile effort to try and put this genie back in the bottle once she has tasted freedom...

--read in a Tessa James post 1/16/2017
  •  

Stephanie.Izann

Oh I forgot to ask but WHAT is the OFFICIAL name for that procedure so I know what to ask for (if you don't mind)?
Thank you, ahead of time. :)
  •