Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Therapist in Phoenix or Tucson Arizona

Started by Jen-Jen, May 17, 2012, 09:14:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jen-Jen

Anyone recommend any therapist in the Phoenix or Tucson Arizona area, I want to start seeing someone and hopefully start HRT. Thanks to all for the help
Don't judge a book by its cover! My lifes been like a country song! True love, amazing grace, severe heartbreak, buckles, boots n spurs! I 've been thrown off the bull a couple times, I keep getting up and dusting myself off! Can't give up on my happily ever after!
  •  

Jamie D

Hi Jenny.  Many people have used the therapist and psychiatrist listings at PsychologyToday.com as a starting point.  You can search by city or county, and you can sort by those who specialize in GLBT issues.

Here is the starting point for Arizona

http://therapists.psychologytoday.com/rms/state/Arizona.html

There are other resources available.

Keep up the good work on TransByDef.
  •  

Jen-Jen

Thank you Jaime D for giving me a starting point, I will be looking into it.

Also thank you for your compliment on my TransByDef videos :)
Don't judge a book by its cover! My lifes been like a country song! True love, amazing grace, severe heartbreak, buckles, boots n spurs! I 've been thrown off the bull a couple times, I keep getting up and dusting myself off! Can't give up on my happily ever after!
  •  

Jamie D

Quote from: JennyCop on May 20, 2012, 03:09:42 AM
Thank you Jaime D for giving me a starting point, I will be looking into it.

Also thank you for your compliment on my TransByDef videos :)

I saw that your fellow TBDer, "Autumn" was here earlier. tonight  You are all informative.  I think Cadence and Harley also post here from time to time.
  •  

Jen-Jen

Quote from: Jamie D on May 20, 2012, 03:17:35 AM
I saw that your fellow TBDer, "Autumn" was here earlier. tonight  You are all informative.  I think Cadence and Harley also post here from time to time.
We all actually met on here! We were all complete strangers brought together by the want to share our experiences with others. Joey D is the founder of TransByDef and the reason we all met. We have all become great friends, more like sisters actually.
  •  

Jen-Jen

No luck yet! No ones got any recomendations?
  •  

Jen-Jen

I am a liitle confused, what am I looking for? A counsler, therapist, psychologist, psychaitrist, what?
  •  

Jamie D

You might also want to see who might be listed in any medical plan you have.

A good starting point would be a therapist who specializes in GLBT issues.  As you are in a major metropolitan area, you should be able to find one.

You might contact any local GLBT organization for referrals.

The term "psychologist" is usually applied to someone who holds a PhD in a psychological discipline.

"Counselors" and "therapists" have different certification requirements, depending on the jurisdiction.

A "psychiatrist" went to medical school and holds a medical degree; as such, they can prescribe medications.

•  

Jen-Jen

Thank you Jamie D for your help. I am not in the major metropolitan area I live in rural Arizona, so I would have to drive a minimum of at least two hours to get to either city.
  •  

PHXGiRL

Quote from: Jen-Jen on May 17, 2012, 09:14:32 PM
Anyone recommend any therapist in the Phoenix or Tucson Arizona area, I want to start seeing someone and hopefully start HRT. Thanks to all for the help

Good to see a local here! I live in Peoria just north of Phoenix. Until recently I was seeing Kyle Penniman at the Stonewall Institute. Kyle just stopped doing one on one therapy so I was refereed to Michael Peck who is located off Bethany home in Phoenix. Met him for the 1st time last week for a hour session went very well and we clicked. He has his PhD as well.

His phone number is 602.570.2373 and his email is docpeck@gmail.com

Office is located at

301 E. Bethany Home Rd. suite C-296
Phoenix, Arizona 85012

•  

Jen-Jen

thanks for the info Serena! I will look into his services
  •  

Jen-Jen

•