Started by Tracey, May 27, 2012, 10:43:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alexis

Or perhaps margarita pie? ;D
  •  

Jamie D

•  

Devlyn

How could we forget the classic? "What are you going to do with those pies, boys?" Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

ElusiveAppellation

Rhubarb is my favorite, I think. Though I do like pumpkin pie and pecan pie quite a lot, too.

Oh. Would Boston Cream Pie count, or is it too cake-like? :P
  •  

Joelene9

Quote from: Jamie D on May 31, 2012, 01:27:22 AM
Mmmm.  Key Lime Pie
I didn't think much of Key Lime 10 years ago when they served it with the neon-green filler at the restaurants at the time.  I didn't until I went to Key West.  That had a yellowish-custard color and the taste was light years away from the mainland restaurant offerings.  When I went back home and a waitress asked me if I wanted Key Lime pie, I said "No, I had the real thing"!

Me and a cousin joked "Four and twenty blackbirds baked in a pi" and we drew a large pi symbol and then tried to draw 24 blackbirds within. 
  Joelene
  •  

Marcia

My fav is strawberry. I also like chocolate and Strawberry cheesecake.
-Mark & Marcia
  •  

Jamie D

Quote from: Joelene9 on July 01, 2012, 10:11:01 PM
  I didn't think much of Key Lime 10 years ago when they served it with the neon-green filler at the restaurants at the time.  I didn't until I went to Key West.  That had a yellowish-custard color and the taste was light years away from the mainland restaurant offerings.  When I went back home and a waitress asked me if I wanted Key Lime pie, I said "No, I had the real thing"!

Me and a cousin joked "Four and twenty blackbirds baked in a pi" and we drew a large pi symbol and then tried to draw 24 blackbirds within. 
  Joelene

Food colorings are added to products like Key Lime Pie because of perceived consumer preferences.  A home-made Key Lime Pie is exactly as you describe.
  •