Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Show yourself some love

Started by Alexis, June 07, 2012, 09:50:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alexis

How much time in general do you spend making food for just yourself? Do you like to treat yourself like royalty and go all out lavish, or are instant meals your thing? What's the most you've gone to for a meal for one?

Me, I'm probably the worst. I've gotten better lately, but if it takes more that 10 minutes start to finish, it ain't happening. I'm an instant gratification kind of gal. Weird since for friends I've put together 15 and 21 course menus and have the time of my life doing it (I think the most amount of time I spent putting together a meal that wasn't for work, not counting long cures and aging, was about 96 hours, a bit more with the planning and the purchasing). I'm horrified to admit this, but I used turn to things like mac and cheese (the blue box!) and ramen, especially after getting home from a shift around 1 or 2 am. Maybe its working all day with food, but by the time I get to me I'm just done.
  •  

Constance

I do a little of both. There are times when I just scrape something together and times when I'll make a great big mess making a meal for myself.

Lately, I've been doing something in between: scraping together something that's quick and easy to make, but at the same time making a true Meal with a capital "M" for myself.

For me, meal preparation has long been a way to show love.

Alchemy, Kitchen Witchcraft, and Family Changes